doc's dog day

Thursday, March 23, 2006

This just in

This is just in, fresh and hot out of the oven, ignoring goverment calls to stem increase in all essential items, the drug companies are at it again! I should give up to them for being able to screw us, the doctors; with a smiling face, Heck I reckon I need lessons in screwing any person with a straight face! The hidden fact is that drugs as I can recall, has been increasing for god knows how many times, and this, just in from a pharma company that had revised for the 2nd time this year prices for all medicine effective end of this month.

I wonder why do they have to increase everything a few times a year? Is it true that we can offset the costs to the patients? I mean can we defend ourselves and not portray ourselves as a pack of hungry wolfs devoid of any humanity by increasing our charges? I think most of the doctors and private practitioners will grit their teeth and absorb the price increase, I have been doing that for a very long time, since time when I first venture into private practice.

Sometimes the exact reason of why they have to continously increase prices perplexed me. I mean is costs of producing a generic medicine really that high? It's reasonable if it's an original and have trademark owed to the pharmaceutical companies for the expensive R&D that they have to pour in, so reasonable to recoup the capital that has been poured in. But generic medicine? I reckon these area bunch of wolfs masquerading as a sheep. Paying no intellectual property rights, they are pirates that copy people's hard work and selling for a huge profit. I am sure many would shoot me with this comment but seriously something needs to be done.

I heard arguments like marketing fees are expensive, costs of employment is getting more expensive but heck is this even an excuse, I bet the bigger concern nowadays for them is their commitments to their shareholders. I remembered when a certain crony of a goverment happens to develop a brainchild of labelling every single medicine with a sticker and that if anyone can do the maths costs a few cents each! imagine the profit! And who absorbs the fecking costs? Yup you are right, The stupid Doctors.

3 Comments:

  • Soon the prices of pirated VCD will increase too,hahahahahahhh

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 24, 2006 12:20 AM  

  • penang doc, better to deal in Pirated VCDs ler, make more money.

    In our Bolehsia, straight and principled gets u no where, only crooked and craftiness makes a decent living, go figure! :P

    Aurora, NOW u know.

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at March 24, 2006 12:19 PM  

  • I applaud your blog,i took zyprexa which was ineffective for my condition and gave me diabetes.

    {Only 9 percent of adult Americans think the pharmaceutical industry can be trusted right around the same rating as big tobacco}

    I have a victims support page against Eli Lilly for it's defective Zyprexa product causing my diabetes.--Daniel Haszard www.zyprexa-victims.com

    By Blogger Danny Haszard, at May 27, 2006 2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home