doc's dog day

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Death of a workhorse

For an off day, I managed to get tied up pretty good or bad whichever way you want to look it at, I wonder what the fuss was it with the inccesant jams that I got myself into. Being within the first year of mum's death, we were required to do "Cheng Ming", earlier than the custom required 10 days before and 10 days after the actual day.

My jalopy has been given me problems lately but on this particular day, it behaved rather erratically, I drove it to the graveyard and after the obligatory prayers and the likes, then, out of the blue, all problems started, it started shuddering, sputtering and the engine cuts off ever so often; cold sweats beading with the advancement of every minute, until I managed to get it to the workshop, truth be told, the grease and oil covered workshop never looked so divine before.

All is not that bad, looking at the brightside, the very least was that I managed to prod my "pranching horse" to the workshop. Have to constantly remind myself that I have squeezed whatever that is left in my good 'ole work horse. It's really time to move forward and get myself reacquainted with a newer more upmarket ride. Sometimes I have to learn when to let go, and not look at things in terms of dollars and cents. I will start hunting for a alternative starting now. My jalopy is still running by the way and it even ferried me and a "hot" date which I had every inclination to write about but was wondering if it's appropriate?

3 Comments:

  • I think its time to get a new horse,doesnt matter pedigree or 'paria' horse,as long as it keeps u dry under the rain and doesnt stop any where u go.
    where ever u go
    what ever u do
    I'll be right here...

    Oops..sorry,wrong number

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 19, 2006 7:55 PM  

  • hey mark, we penang people take life easy mah....after all, we live in an island, surrounded by the sea...so read blog lah. lol

    sooOO, u DATE her, way to go, mate. really happy for you. can c that ur creative juice is flowing again.

    tty monday.

    clemen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 19, 2006 8:38 PM  

  • Aiya, charm ler, squeezing every drop of life from my little old jalopy!

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at March 21, 2006 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home