doc's dog day

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tenets of a Relationship

I have been active in the real estate for the past couple of months and the things that I've learnt there is not confined to merely real estate investing. For instance if we were to extrapolate and apply some of the principles to our daily lives, parellels can actually be seen.

Take relationships for example, it takes time to build rapport and also to gain a potential life partner's trust and confidence, but it only take an incident to evaporate whatever trust and confidence a person has for the other party. Drawing from this a developer needs to do loads of marketing and do some showcase development in order to gain investors' confidence in them, but need but an incident like the crane that landed on an executive's car to break all myth about their reputation. I mean isn't this the essence of being involved and persuing a relationship?

There are upsides and downsides as well in any relationship and after exchanging some ideas and views with my "hot" date and I found there is more than meets the eye, hence there are stories that need to be unfold ever so gently over a period of time. This is how a relationship builds on in my opinion. The foundation in a highrise must be strong and hence in a relationship as well. As can be seen with time, there are 2 scenario that can be achieved, one when you get to know her too well to conclude that she isn't the right one, or second when you feel so darn comfortable with a person that you just cannot live without her. Thus both sides need to be frank, open and to approach a relationship without lies and secrets.

How does a relationship survive? I always have the opinion that communication is one of the pillars of a successful relationship; due to work commitments many couple now a days never actually communicate, prefering to spend their leisure time shopping, gallanvanting as well as holidaying. It would be better to sit face to face over a cuppa and just plain .......... talk. No expensive restaurants, no Brad Pitt and Angela Jolie fighting over their ideals in the silver screen, don't even need a resort and a holiday to actually communicate. Is chatting online an effective way to communicate? in my honest opinion, ..... NO, it isn't. I reckon anyone can speak like and angel over the net, typing beautiful poetry, even verbose words just to entice a person to be interested but emotions will only show with facial expressions. Hence the downsides of chatting.

Understanding is also a very, very important tenets on an effective and ideal relationship, but seriously I haven't met anyone that I feel is understanding even until now. The problem is that old adage of growing old together seems to be just that,... outdated and old. People are so charged up with wanting things their way even to the extend to being mercenary like, just to achieve what they want. I am no angel and deep inside I surmise that I have this "qualities" as well. With deep understanding, both parties can therefore give and take.

I am unsure if in this life I'll meet anyone that fits into this outline and criteria that I have set. That is not to say that the "hot" date that I had last Saturday has anything to do with what I am bitching about now, it's just that I find my criteria a bit unmalleable and unflexible. I am unsure if I should compromise and settle down with one that doesn't fit into the criteria or if my adamant outlook is too stoick to actually cause me to miss the boat and remain single for the rest of my life, your take?

2 Comments:

  • This is on behalf of someone that has made and effort to call me on my mobile to give me her opinion on what is actually deficient in me:-

    according to her she said that I am having too much condition and love haven't any condition. I reckon I understand what she is aiming at, and to say the very least, the only thing that comes to my mind is ,..."OUCH", that smarts!

    merc

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 21, 2006 6:31 PM  

  • I understand where u are going to and I respect ur invaluable input. But ppl do tend to think differently and I reckon as much as I agree with ur points, this is something that I need to have at least some semblance of quality control! kekekeke :))

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at March 24, 2006 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home