doc's dog day

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Half empty or Half full?

Something interesting pop into my chat screen, I was as per usual chatting with a friend that had incidently lent me a HK series that I have been blabbing around on a few of my previous posts and something incidently caught me off guard.

It sounded funny and it started off like this, the fact is that I had gone through 20 episode of often destressing and at times irritating legal drama only to learn that there is NO ending. I asked for it only to be told that there isn't one, not now not ever. Darn I was damn pissed but what fueled my "pissiness" was her reaction, excerpts from out conversation " it's okaylor, just take it as having 20 hours of entertainment!", I mean WTF, what is THAT supposed to mean? My question remains that would you consider it to be having gone through 20 hours of entertainment and enjoyment, hence Half full, or 20 hours of wasted effort? For me the choice is obvious. I would surmise that it's 20 hours of irritation, 20 hours of loose ends, and 20 hours of my life, wasted. This isn't about whether the movie or drama is good, it is about CLOSURE! Allow me to explain and elaborate what makes me think that.

Hypothetically would anyone rather enjoy something especially when all build on a climax only to know that there is NO climax? Would anyone go and have sex, doing all the hard work but end up not being fulfiled? I think not, at least not for me, I wouldn't want to watse my time, putting all the effort, organising a nice candlelight dinner, choosing the right songs, cooking dinner, choosing an expensive wine, setting the right mood, upping the ambience and tempo only and only to find out that the "date" that I am supposedly having this wicked romantic candle lit dinner with has to rush off for a meeting? I mean all the preemptive preparation is wasted, the effort lost, the mood gone. Drawing parellel, would this be term half empty or half full?

In a similar vein, take this next scenario, when a obstetrician does a ceaserean section to deliver the baby, but in the process, inadvertantly cut the face of the baby, creating a scar on it's face, would u take it as "oh well, at least ur baby is safe" or would u think that it's ludicrous to think like this? buggerall my baby is scared for life matey! I'm going to sue the hell out of you. Well that was what my chat friend told me and it pisses me off. What is half empty and what is half filled? I tend to take it as a snub on my face. I reckon sensitivity is an issue, the least that a person can do is to keep quiet and not trying to say something that liken to a slap on the face and fuel the issue more.

As for the friggin 20 hours of sheer and utter waste, all my anticipation lost, the eagerness and the building of climax has indeed became anticlimax. I think I will forget about the 20 hours of mental torture and abuse and get on with my frigging life. So there!

3 Comments:

  • Sex without climax????? Story without a happy ending ???? count me out,bro.I've got better things to do man!

    It's a heartache

    Intro :

    e----------3----------|
    B------3-------3------|
    G----5---5---5---5----| (4x)
    D---------------------|
    A---------------------|
    E--3------------------|

    C
    1. It's a heartache,
    Em
    nothing but a heartache,
    F
    Hits you when it's too late,
    C G
    Hits you when you're down.
    C
    It's a fool's game,
    Em
    nothing but a fool's game,
    F
    Standing in the cold rain,
    C G
    Feeling like a clown.

    C
    2. It's a heartache,
    Em
    nothing but a heartache,
    F
    Love him till your arms break,
    C G
    Then he'll let's you down.

    Chorus :
    F G
    It ain't right with love to share,
    Em Am
    When you find he doesn't care,
    G
    for you.
    F G
    It ain't wise to need someone,
    Em Am G
    As much as I depended on, you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 19, 2006 8:08 PM  

  • hehehehehe lol

    so funny.

    errr how can u equate a 20hr canto soap opera with sex and the scar on baby's face????

    opps, i better keep quiet. sorry. :)

    clemen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 19, 2006 8:42 PM  

  • dei, hypothetically lah! it's like having sex without ejeculating! Oh the frustration! Feel like....., feels like,...... feels like.............potong stim!!!

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at March 19, 2006 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home