doc's dog day

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

March update

This is the first post of mine in March, I haven't been in the right frame of mind to post anything prior to this, not because that I have a lot of worries or anything, certainly not because that I am too busy having loads of patients to see and most certainly not because I am making tons of money. I have been distracted by watching too many China made serials............ Period.

I had in these 2 weeks finished a 30 episode HK series loosely titled "The Hotelier", and also a 30 episode epic battle infused, historical drama set in the Ching Dynasty called "Kang Xi Di Guo". The Chinese language is artistic, filled with flair and also exudes a certain romantic aura. I am captivated with this lovely language and needless to say because of that,I am a bit disappointed that my command of this language is depressing at best. Now that is a different story all together. I think there are loads of Chinese around not able to speak Mandarin, my only comfort is that I can; albeit not that fluently.


Anyway the serials depict the life and death of the 2nd Ching emperor, Kang Xi and his reign, I sort of had a renewed interests in Chinese history after my trip to the Forbidden City. I think we as Chinese need to embrace our roots and learn more about the historical aspect of what make our fatherland what it is today. I think understanding what prompt my dad to make the voyage to NanYang as South East Asia was called those days, will keep my time occupied. I wonder how deep does my family tree goes to? Perhaps I might even be connected to one of the forefathers of Modern China, who knows, never late to learn more about our roots, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home