doc's dog day

Friday, March 17, 2006

The day that was Friday

It's 8.00pm and counting, barely 2 more hours for me to park my butt in my chair. Sometimes I wonder if I were to sit here any longer would my butt envelope the plastic swivel chair? I reckon that would be something worth writing about in blogs to come. On hindsight today has been a pretty chaotic day, not because of an overwhealming increase in the number of patients but simply because of the fact that I was so embroilled in looking at share websites as well as my counters.

The thing about shares is that it is never easy to master. I actually paid my hard earned money for what a friend coined, "tuition fees" to learn about stocks investment in Malaysia. Nothing is as it seems and it could go either way in a short duration of time. My eyes, blurry from monitoring the numbers in the screen, is currently hazing and tired. Oh yes I got rid of the rest of the share that I had been loosing money in, the damage or tuition fees in this case contributed, was 9,250 Rm. A respectable amount but nothing, I mean nothing compared to the friend of mine that had chalked up in his quest for a degree in "share education"!

Apart from shares I was also, for the pass few days engrossed in making manic posts in my favourite forum, I reckon the stress attributed to the hike of petrol and the ever increasing lending rates, many of the people active in the real estate forum had sort of "lost it". There had been loads of inappropriate but sarcastically funny posts which although sarcastic, actually lightens and makes me laugh when I read it. At least whilst typing furiously away in the forum, a sense of satisfaction can be realised. I know it's a bit funny but heck that's how I spent my time during the pass few days. Patients very extremely thin and the takings, unfortunately thinner.

On a much brighter note, I met someone lately, well not actually met, but have been chatting with the person for the pass few days. Although we have never met up and only been chatting for less than 5 days; I could sense some warmth in our conversation. I think I am a better communicator when it comes to typing and chatting online, verbally I rate myself second if not worse. She sounded like someone who in my opinion is worth getting to know better, perhaps meeting up would even change my present predicament. I think I would elaborate more later in my subsequent postings.

But being Friday, I am stuck as to not know what I am doing 2 hours err one and half hours from now? I have every inclination to go out and unwind, maybe have some drinks to ease the soul from the horrors that was the past week, but heck I reckon it would be funny if I were to embark on this escapade alone. I think it's shameful not having friends to go out with but then, who can blame them? I will have to buck up and start meeting up with people and I think the girl that I have been chatting with the past week will be a welcome change.

7 Comments:

  • Hokkien ppl said:Waiting for coconut to fall on your head.But I say:fat chance. You have to go and find it.So make sure you DATE HER OUT TONIGHT.
    Nike : Just Do it
    Newton's Law : If you want a reaction,there must be an action.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 18, 2006 9:10 AM  

  • hahahahaha lol

    i agreed with penang doc. btw, how do u say that in hokkien - the coconut thingy?

    mark, get a DATE, STAT.


    all the best :)

    clemen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 18, 2006 1:33 PM  

  • go for the date but also don't put too much expectations, since you just met her. have fun, and live life ! don't be a fool in love too soon before you know the other party better. good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 18, 2006 4:10 PM  

  • Aiks! Didn't know there are so many docs in Penang so free to read blogs one!:P

    Anyway, I met up with her ler, only one word best describe, she's "____" err, she read the blog, better censor! kekekeke.

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at March 19, 2006 10:24 AM  

  • Err as a matter of fact, IT DOES COMES IN THAT SORT OF PACKAGE, but to say the very least I reckon there is a discrepancy as in she's prolly too good for me eh! kekekekekeke

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at March 19, 2006 9:48 PM  

  • 學生哥,好拍拖咯,咪日夜掛住踢波

    唔係第日悔恨更多.

    D A
    2. 海邊一棵小星星 天邊一棵小星星
    Bm G Em A
    默默靜臥著閃爍不停 似要暗暗告訴我與你
    D Bm Em A D
    愛意也會像霧幻 轉眼間會失去

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 19, 2006 11:40 PM  

  • hahahaha, liddat also can? jumble up Sam Hui's song as well as Alam Tam's? fuyoo damn creative dude! chialat!

    I think I'll update on my "hot" date! kekekekeke

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at March 20, 2006 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home