doc's dog day

Monday, March 13, 2006

Creative constipation

Well, as most would probably notice, I wasn't posting much lately, I reckon I'm down with a writers' block or my favourite phrase, creative constipation. I wonder what makes me ahem, constipated? I reckon coming back from an overseas trip made me want to write more, but perhaps the down turn in my investments as well as being so engrossed in the China serials actually take the "wind" out of my sails, so to speak.

Now I am back, reattempting to write but I am not sure where all this typing and clicking is going, which leads to the uncanny problem is what am I trying to lash out this time? Hmm, let me think, what about the inappropriately priced Honda Civic? Damn it's a good looking car but for 130 odd ks it's sure one heck of an expensive indulgence. What makes me extra pissed is that for the same amount of a kenari, we can obtain this in the good ole' US of A. That is on addition that they could probably pay off in less than a year, with their average income per capita. I couldn't imagine what are the basis of the pricing structure that we have now, I reckon arguments that has been put forward is neither appropriate nor holds and water.

The fact is on comparison, we are paying through our nostrils, our fuel are not cheap, lately an increase of 15 % plus, and we do have an insane network of tolls, and on top of that road taxes, all in all very detrimental to the average joes that needs to move around. And the funny thing is that the people are taking it and slogging just to be able to put food on the table. I should be political about this but seriously it has sort of used up my confidence in the ability of the new administration to pull things together. Coming to the car, the prices absurd. It goes to show that for the same amount that we paid for a lousy 2 bit made in Malaysia cars that are neither road worthy or comes equipe with safety gadgets like airbags, ebd and abs, it goes to show how concerned is our goverment regarding the well being of the population. With so many road deaths it's ludicrous to blame it solely on the indescretion of the local drivers, but infact the blame should be more in our govermental policies.

Now, I wonder with that short and incensed lashout at the automotive policy would I no longer be subjected to this creative constipation, heck more to that, I might be subjected to Kamunting for voicing my opinions, Damn I should keep quiet and keep whatever thoughts to myself. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home