doc's dog day

Friday, February 24, 2006

What the Heck!

Well, business has been very slow probably because of the curfew imposed in the areas near my clinic, there are hardly any people walking around and I suspect the disturbances a few days back is still making the residents here afraid to venture out especially at night. That is totally different story all together, but I had because of being too free, managed to squeeze 20 episodes of a Hong Kong drama loosely titled "Lost" in as little as 2 days!!, Yup sometimes I surprise even myself. My immediate reaction post completing this serials is ................ God Damnit!!!!, how irritating it can get? Let me elaborate one particular scene towards the end of the serial.

You see, plots are basically more or less the same, hero in this case an old actor of yesteryears trying, I suspect to make a comeback, and in this particular story lost his child due to overcommitment in his work, and then on top of that lost his wife, blah blah blah. That is nothing new, a few sobbings later, fast forward 2 years after the disapperance, and then things starts unfolding, some plots and subplot etc which is very predictable. That is not the biggest problem, what bugs me the most is the love scenes. It happen that the heroine has a identical sister which is not known to her and her family!! but the hero claims that he loves her eternally and wants to spend the rest of his life with her but at the end cannot even differentiate which is which? This is bordering on insanity, ludicrous and totally inappropriate. How can a person that claims to be so in love not even able to differentiate a party that he loves? Is this even happening? Chialat!

I am sure there are some subtle differences that a normal human can detect, I know I can, certain mannerisms, certain ways of doing things and certain small nuances that makes us an individual. Not even identical twins can reproduce all this. What irks me the most and it still does is how can this even happen? I know for me, when I love someone I would be at least able to detect that person be it after being separated for decades or years. This is instinctive.

I wonder if I am in his shoes, what would I have done? Anyway it's just a serial I know but it never failed to evoke a response with me, I bet, the outcome might be way different.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home