doc's dog day

Monday, February 06, 2006

Friendship sites

Well, I need to confess, I have been very free lately, browsing and looking through most of the friendship sites that I can lay my "fingers" on. You name it, I've seen or been in it. The more popular ones that we, as single Malaysians frequent are the Ahmoi.com sites, the Match.com sites, Friendster, Hi5, AsiaFriendFinder, etc etc and something strikes me, there are too many singles around and the fact is, sites like this exploit the gullibility of single people. Well that's a different thing all together.

I always wonder why I am still single, at 36, still working ala a dog with no respite in sight, I always ask myself, if I am single by choice, or timing? I reckon for me, it would be 50/50. Well at least I would want me, myself to believe! I can find an avalanche of excuses why I am still single, but this is not what I want to say at this juncture, I want to highlight the ways that these so called "advertisers" are looking for friends and hopefully, a match and how they attract the opposite sex? I observed that most of the chaps my age have a few salient points that they used t0 advertise themselves:-

1) they are financially sound and secure, heck if at our age, if we are still living with parents, then something is very wrong, like in my instance!:)

2) understanding, well everyone is supposedly understanding when it doesn't concern them, a trademark of malaysians actually, case in point; " I am veli understanding one, I always slow down when there is an accident to see but I never stop to help" Yup very understanding indeed.
3) Sincere person, well everyone is sincere, depending on how much.?

4) Owns a own pad- who doesn't? At this age, if dun have their own pad, hotels can be so friggin expensive! :P

5) caring person- Yeah right, wish I could care! sigh*

The fact is there is so many people listing in those sites and as much as I want to tell you otherwise, I am also one of the suckers, although I have to add that I haven't receive any response before, who said doctors are not gullible when it comes to things like this? :)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home