doc's dog day

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Friendship sites II

I was buggered by these sites, perhaps mainly due to the fact that I have been looking at it for the pass few days. I mentioned about men and their "ingenious"~ Yawn!, ways to entice and attract women in those sites, I think most have a standard opening lines, but come to think of it, isn't it a very pathetic way to get to know people? Case in point, if a profile is devoid of pictures, it automatically goes into the "discarded" bin. I don't know about other people, but for me, I never even bother to click on a person's profile as the database is HUGE!, so, no pictures, no click, sounds a little like Shallow Hal, I know, but who isn't? Try being truthful and u'll find ur answers there.

Commenting on the men's profiles, I noticed the desperation in their opening lines, I meant, at mid thirties, if there is no other half, so what? There are loads more things to keep ourselves occupied and yes I do agree that it feels lonely at times, but at least there are no one to bug you when you want some time being alone, it will feel exceptionally bad during festivities with the inccesant houndings by relatives and family members but over the years I have learnt to deal with it.

Refocussing the spotlight towards profiles created by females, and this is coming from someone who has tons of time in my hands, yup sounds pretty pathetic, I know but what the heck, I am alone sitting and it's the only thing that keeps me occupied, that and this blooming blog of mine. Females usually start with, I am a simple girl, gosh, simple? sure? What is a simple girl anyway? by that do she mean that she has a simple mind? simple outlook? simple expectations? Simple, simple ......, simple? I haven't noticed anything creative at all:-

Simple girl looking for friendship, to increase my circle of friends

Simple girl wants to get to know u, guys

Simple and available

Simple and pretty girl , yak yak yak

I reckon creativity is dead among us, males and females included, problem is I am also brain dead in the creative department as well. I haven't had any bright ideas as to how to entice the fairer sex to click on my profile and yup, I didn't even upload a picture to get them remotely interested. I too am in the same boat, if there is no photo in the profile I would automatically not even click on their profile, Shallow Hal is alive and well amongst us! Hmm, perhaps I should give all a general idea how I word my profiles and perhaps in the process can elicit some chuckles? :)


In Ahmoi.com
( When I read it through, I started laughing, all in all a poor attempt-fail miserably)

Hmm, about myself,.. am wondering how to actually squeeze thirty years of life in this limited space made available to us. In a nutshell I am an average chap with an average work, your usual average joe with the exception that I am an eccentric and despite my stern outlook and character, I can be really sensitive at times. I was brought up in a traditional chinese family with old tradition inculcated into my character, but I am not a male chauvinist. I am looking to expand my circle of friends and to get to know ppl from different walks of life, as mixing around seems to be impossible owing to the nature of my work! I enjoy having some intelligent and intellectual talks and correspondence. I look forward to corresponding with like minded individuals. Cheerio~!

In Match.com
( what a poor opening introduction, made me sound so "desperate" - Fail )

Being "married" to my job, and haven't much time to increase the circle of friends. Hobbies varies, ranging to the brawy outdoor activities to the more cerebral ones like reading and classical music

looking for:-
female, homely and intellectually stimulating, able to share and communicate effectively as well as able to tolerate the occasional setbacks in a relationship

In Friendster
( really average attempt, no doubt, kekekeke)

It's difficult to describe myself without sounding too narcissistic, I would think that I am ur average jock, with an average occupation, with an average lifestyle. Appearance wise is even more average, not ur macho, handsome celebrity type of looks.

In Hi5
( the lowdown in my life - totally yucky)

I am a burn out early thirties professional who is currently working at a dead end job with not respite in sight. Currently looking to increase my pathetic number of friends and to inject some life and vigor into my dead social life

All in all I'd reckon my attempt to get to know more people proved to be futile. Not that I am complaining. I never intend to find the "one", just that the time that I spend in front of my notebook is too long so for the hang of it, I just join for the love of god! kekekekeke. :P

I wonder should I delete all my profiles? I reckon it would be good for a couple of laughs every now and then! kekekekekeke :D, and now to better things, looking forward again to the weekend with my sixpack! YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home