doc's dog day

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

WWW

Well, it is supposed to be the world wide web, but in my own personal experience it should be rephrase to World Weirdos Web. I have so many spammers in my yahoo mailbox that it actually makes this form of communication "painful". I also had unsolicited emails for penile enlargement, invites of sexual romps, lottery winnings, illegal money laundering, and whatever makes people tick. It is totally exhausting, so a request to chat comes as a very pleasant surprise. But well surprise it was but pleasant?

I was actually contemplating initially whether to add the person into my lists of contacts and suffice to say curiosity took the upper hand, and I added. I reckon I should be more stringent in adding people to chat with and I have learn my lesson. It is never clear what a nickname actually means. It maybe be some nice nickname with some hidden agenda. It started off innocently enough and a few seconds into the chat, it happen. I am a kid now, and an angry kid, kekekekeke, sounds funny eh? I, a kid, well maybe the other party is a kid but who knows, with nickname like that it's very difficult to gauge. So in a span of a few mins, I was a kid, a dog a what not and it is suffice to say that it wasn't anything pleasant to hear. I wonder what is the driving force behind people like that.

Bunnywunny did mention that I sounds pretty hardcore and hotheaded while chatting with her, in a nutshell I might be very direct when I am trying to communicate especially when I am stressing a point. I think this is what I was trained to do, no emotions, not sidetracking, no shifty innuendos. I prefer to be straight and to the point. I don't tolerate inappropriateness when it comes to things like this. Unsolicitated emails will be going straight to the dump. Maybe I sound pretty regimented but I think in this place and time it is utmost important. Who knows what lurks behind the veil of anonymity?

By the way, I met with with bunnywunny and we had a nice chat, no verbal diatribe and physical exchange.....................................yet. :P Now for the antispam filter, perhaps I have to start setting up firewalls?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home