doc's dog day

Friday, January 27, 2006

The day before CNY

Yup today is the 27th of January, on the 29th will be the first of the lunar calender, which is the actual day of Chinese New Year. It will also the the first year that I will be without a parent. Ah well, life goes on and it does kinda suck I reckon. Apart from the depressing factor of being an "orphan" of sorts, I was hoping for a better year ahead, and hopefully my latter posts would be in a more positive vein rather than the older more ranting of yestermonths'.

As I look back, I have been back from my China trip barely 3 weeks before and I am still reeling from a positive "chi". I had closed my practice for 8 days for my holidays in China and currently would be closing for another 4 days, all in all January have been a pretty leisure and relaxing month. I would hope that come Febuary and henceforth, it would be a more hectic time for me, least it would build up my financial reserves more.

I have encountered numerous patients these past few days, and sometimes it's funny that certain people doesn't want to spend money even at the expense of their own health. I mean, does prescribing 4 medications, 2 of them originals and charging them a sum of 32 ringgit exorbitant? I reckon people like these doesn't actually know the prices of rice eventhough they are eating it as a staple diet. Fact is I am finding it increasingly difficult to stay off the red and maintaining my previous charges of 30 ringgit as medicine prices has soared, some pharmaceutical companies increased their products by 10 to 15%. I wonder if I should absorb the costs of medications but then again, since rental is also increaseing by 15%, I find it difficult to even keep afloat let alone make a profit. Coupled with higher overheads and having to finance the xray and ultrasound machine, the increment of my staff's salary, heck I would be happy if I can just drop everything and sell it off! Really times are as bad as it can be.

Apart from that, I had also been brandished a critical person. I have my way of talking and writing which is basically my own "style", making me, ME and being critical is perhaps not one of them. I maybe be too straightforward, a character that is closely related to my chinese horoscope and I don't like being subjected to cross examinations. I am totally aghast when people jump into conclusions and then label me inappropriately but heck, what should I even care. I am a nobody.

Well, I am lucky in a way, I am still reeling from positivity after my trip and yes, things like this should not affect me and in a way it isn't. I am perhaps irritated when people start wearing "coloured" glasses and subject me under scrutiny. I am an individual who despite my whims and shortcomings are as sincere as I can get. If they cannot appreciate the fact that I am an individual, then move on. I don't need constant telling off. I will be what I am and I am proud of it, YAY!

3 Comments:

  • hey It's your year!!!!!!!!!

    And trust me it'll be good.
    Lucas will bless you :)

    Happy Chinese new year to you and your family. Gong Xi Fa Cai:)

    By Blogger Winn, at January 27, 2006 5:30 PM  

  • Kong Hee Fatt Choy!!
    Do you happen to have Symbicort Turbuhaler Inhalation powder? How much is that?..It cost me MYR 119

    Hahahah...let's change Doctors Winn ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 27, 2006 6:18 PM  

  • Stay focus. Stay positive. All will turn out fine.

    By Blogger iml, at January 30, 2006 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home