doc's dog day

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Me, a blogger?

Huh? what is that? I have been writing nothing particularly interesting and I wonder if I am a blogger? What blogger? Me? I wonder what is the essential ingredient to being a good blogger? I have been spending lots of times browsing other peoples' blog pages and it occured to me that blogging basically underscores something very important, which is the freedom of expression and freedom to do whatever one fancies, that is, if it keeps within the confines of the law.

I had come across blogs that are emotionally charged, passionate to a particular cause; blogs which has nothing more that bantering (like mine); Blogs that contains nothing more than expletives, profanities and more expletives; hatred infused blogs; peotry blogs; blogs with pictures, blog without picture; blog as a medium of vanity, blogs that review movies, books, eatery places and blogs that basically plagarise from other people's creative writings. I find blogging as an outlet for people that hasn't much to do apart from exercising our intricate finger musculatures and pouring our creativity into the keyboard.

I have been writing nondescriptly for sometime in my blog, as I take it as an outlet to pour my sorrows, my thoughts, my predicament as well as my continous pining for the elusive person. Have it done me justice by alleviating my present state of mind? I reckon it had. I used to be totally uncontrollably fiesty and rebellious and tend to take it out on the people around me, but with the advent of blogging in my part, my temper has sort of fizzled out for the most part.

As I continue blogging into my 5th month, would I continue with the incessant ramblings and bit*hing about myself? I think not, I hope and pray that I will grow out of my initial mould and grow to blog about something more substantial, more interesting and something that will be on par with some of the blogs that I read and admire, something that will influence another person who is like minded to start writing and hopefully continue the tradition of blogging. May the blog be with you!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home