doc's dog day

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Ugly Malaysians-1

The early hours of the morning, with the sun just rising on the horizon, all in all a pleasant and a serene enviroment to wake up to, I wake up feeling like snow white minus the chirping of the birds and the ever so cute deer and it's doe. I start up my early morning driving to work and what happen? The jam, ever woeful jam that is so prominent in our society. I noticed that at the junction cars are not giving the right of way even when the lights says green! Why is it like that? Ever thought that as much as we think so highly of ourselves, having at one time the tallest building in the world and we are as undeveloped mentally as a third world country? Why is social decay so prominent in our communities as well as our country as a whole?

We may be one of the foremost developing countries in the world. We boast of having state of the art airport - The KLIA, The tallest Twin Towers in the world- The Petronas KLCC Towers, the 3rd longest bridge in Asia - The Penang Bridge, and it's surprising to see that the moral development is loosing out to less developed countries like Laos and Sri Lanka. Why is that so? Recent media blitz advocate courtesy and morality but as it is I think it's not getting the message across. In trains and mass transits, the places reserved for old and disabled people will be invariably taken by able bodies young people, it pains to see the our kids not knowing the simple manners of courtesy and abiding the law. It's painful to see things like this happening, but I cannot blame the younger age groups. I think this lack of sensibility does not stop to this particular age, in fact it extends and permeates into the very fabric of out society, from young to old, Who is to blame when even their parents are doing the same thing?

Coming to the incident this morning, cars are blocking up the movement of the other side of the road simply because of selfishness and lack of moral integrity, Just to save a few minutes, they would stuck up the whole traffic flow and many I noticed are females, motherly ones. Are they in such a rush that it's immaterial if they block the whole road? I think if it's me, I would be so ashame of myself. I think somewhere along the line, someone should do something about it. If parents can do that and flout the law so rampantly and so oblivious to other people's discomfort, what more can we expect from their children?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home