doc's dog day

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Ugly Malaysians-2

I actually didn't want to be a pain in the ass and to continue harping about the ugly side of being a Malaysian. I too, am one and I used to be proud of my heritage and my allegiance but recently many setbacks and experiences made me think overwise. Perhaps my expectations as a fellow Malaysian is a bit too high for the general population? Which ever way it is I think my high expectations is making me more meticulous, more judgemental and less forgiving than normal.

I attended a wedding reception which is supposed to start at 7pm sharp. I would assume that being intimated by the organisers about the appropriate time to come and then settle down in their respective seats, the banquet or dinner would commence latest by 7.30pm. I couldn't be more wrong. I know it's the norm for dinners to start a little late but NOT as late as I would have ever anticipate. We started at a little over 9.15pm. Why does it need to be like that? Why does the attendees not able to respect the hosts? I reckon this is the ultimate spat on the face.

Why is it that fellow Malaysians not respectful to the organisers by being prompt for a change? Is it a bravado to be fashionably late to a function and let many people wait for u? Is there no common sense prevailing in the minds of this individuals? If I get my way, I would give them my 2 cents worth of opinion. I would rattle my heart out and give them a piece of my mind. I don't think that the state of traffic congestion should be an excuse for being late, I also don't think that the rediculous excuse about leaving work late should be even mentioned. I reckon if a invitee respects the hosts enough, they should manage their time more appropriately.

I know something now. If I were to be blessed enough to settle down with someone, a wedding reception whereby we don't know more than 70% of the attendees, and more than half being late; I will opt for not to have a reception, instead a honeymoon will be more appropriate in my mind. Even if forced upon me to have a reception, I will strictly start at the stipulated time. I am unwavering as my integrity in this sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home