doc's dog day

Friday, September 09, 2005

Weekend Sydrome

The eve of a weekend, Friday is always a good day for me, not because of having lots of patients or my business is doing exceptionally well, that's actually immaterial. I think the gravitational pull of not having to wake up so early for work and having the only day that I can be left to my own devices is motivation enough for me to be happy. It's always exhillarating to know that I don't have to wake up at 7am tomorrow, well, this is the only thing that I look forward to in my uneventful life. I think being a simple person, this is the only luxury that I can afford.

What plans do I have over the weekend? Hmm, until now, plans are,.... nothing, unless if u consider having to attend a relative's wedding reception is something to look forward to. As for me this is something that I absolutely loathe and to think there will be boundless questionings about when will it be my time? I have tried avoiding this unpleasant topic for a very long time, deflecting the relentless and neverending queries about my present bachelor status. I have consequently run out of excuses and it's really trying on my creativeness. So what will I think of next? I wonder?

Why is it that when a person reaches a certain age group, it's mandatory and expected that we get hitched and married? What happen to being independant and living our life as we want? I have had numerous questions and interrogation about what I plan to do with my life, not in terms of career but in terms of settling down with someone. I was even queried about my sexual orientation by many people including my siblings and relatives. Do I look gay? I am straight unless someone can force me to consider otherwise. Man! I like women and there is no way that I am changing this orientation. Just that I haven't the luxury of time and opportunity to meet the one that I can grow old with. So why can't they bloody leave me alone? The very thought of having to re- entertain these questions is putting me off already. Perhaps I should just snare someone on the street and get it over with?

I think I have set too high a standard for myself. I always belief in the sanctity of union, and it should be with someone that we truly and unequivocally loved and being loved. This is the most difficult part, looking for someone, at the rate that everyone including me is going, it's going to take a miracle for this to happen. But nonetheless I am still hopeful. For the meantime, I wonder what excuses can I come out with? Hmmmmmm.......

2 Comments:

  • Ppl like to repeat these Qs during wed-recep, cny n all sorts of gatherings.funerals included!! so boring!

    I once told my mum i m a lesbian in fornt of my relatives when she kept asking me when i m gona get a bf. ya he face turned sour. haha.

    Probably u can tell them u aspire to be a monk , a priest ...
    i know it's a bit hard for guys to poke fun on themselves of being gays. haha

    By Blogger Winn, at September 09, 2005 12:29 PM  

  • Hmmm, hi winn, I'm gay! :P

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at September 09, 2005 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home