doc's dog day

Friday, September 16, 2005

Feeling Old

Taking a cue from John Scalzi's exceptional and highly absorbing Being Poor and the wonderful adaptation by Minishorts in her Being Malaysian, I cannot stop but felt compelled and the urge to start with something that I hold firmly in my heart, and I have to incorporate Feeling Old into my blog. I find this a true calling of sorts.

As I advance into the next phase of my life, when a chapter closes another chapter starts taking over, this is the grey zone that I currently find myself in. I am taking some creative cue and instead of being, change it into feeling!

Feeling old is waking up earlier than u wanted
Feeling old is never needing another alarm clock to wake up to
Feeling old is waking and feeling aches all over when the eyes open
Feeling old is a lot of chills when the feet touches the cold floor

Feeling old is having to brush your dentures before brushing the remaining teeth that u still have
Feeling old having to stand in front of the potty for more than 5 minutes until the first drop starts trickling
Feeling old is to notice more and more grey hair
Feeing old is noticing more hairs in the comb and less hair in the scalp

Feeling old is needing less hair cream as there is nothing to cream it on
Feeling old having to wear loose fitting and dull coloured clothes
Feeling old is noticing ur upper body developing sagging breasts
Feeling old is to being greeted "Morning Uncle" by beautiful girls

Feeling old is the need to have caffeinated coffee before starting your day

Feeling old is when your relatively inccesantly ask the question of when am I getting married
Feeling old is when your friends keep saying that this is going to be the last year they are going me the angpow
Feeling old is having your friend's kid calling me godfather

Feeling old is when everyone around give me a dirty look when I go for a movie with a female
Feeling old is when the bill automatically comes to me when someone asks for it
Feeling old is when someone asks how many properties do I own
Feeling old is when we notice the clothes that we wear are no longer in fashion

Feeling old is when the singers that we listen to is Eagles instead Usher or Akon
Feeling old is that the best footballer in the world is Pele and not Beckham or Ronaldo
Feeling old is hating loud techno music and listening to singers like Laura Fygi
Feeling old is feeling that discos and clubs are too noisy

Feeling old is using words like bro and dude and thinking it's cool
Feeling old is wondering that words like tHiS tHiNgY is sOoO supposed to be cool
Feeling old is not being able to eat any food we want as tasty food contain too much cholesterol!

Feeling old is having a blog with nothing better to do other than bit*h about being old!


3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home