doc's dog day

Monday, September 12, 2005

The One?

Is there such a thing as the "ONE"? The whole of last month happens to be one of the worst period of the year and hence there isn't many celebrations especially matrimonial ones. With stark contrasts with that, this month, being August and synonymous with prosperity, the numbers of wedding receptions and nuptials are numerous and many. Many want to jump into the bandwagon to get hitched. Young couples are taking the plunge and settling down with each which invaribly stroke my curiosity about marriage. Is there such a thing as the "ONE". I always wonder if getting married and settling down is as easy as just merely taking an oath and pledging to love the other party in sickness and health, for richer and for poorer, and for all eternity, ending with a time honoured "I do"? Is everything as simple as this two words?

I have noticed that many people nowadays get married for the wrong reasons. Many, especially the younger, early twenties get married due to the fact that there wasn't any "protection" which results in unwanted pregnancies. Is getting married and settling down with a sexual partner due to pregnancy the right decision to make? I am not sure sure the sacred union of marriage can be based, signed sealed and delivered, due to an unwanted pregnancy. Is the marriage based on love and affection or merely uncontrollable lust? Is getting married because of pregnancy morally right due to mere responsibilities? I think not. I think this is the worst possible reason and excuse to be married. I am sure that this is not ever going to be the "ONE".

As much as a raving lunatic that I am, I had long held the idea that people get married when there is actual love, and without this basic ingredient, a relationship doesn't lasts. I may have a fixed idea about this and because of this, I find it difficult to achieve. I have no idea of knowing how to locate and zoom in on the "ONE". Gone were the traditional belief that everyone is predestined to meet and fall in love with a person, and this holy union is fixed in the celestial level, for me, if there's any divine influence, things would be much simpler. If there is, isn't it easier to just know about it and settle the whole issue? No time wasted on going for boring and unproductive dates! Damn! imagine the efficiency of the matrimonial union, 100% no rejection eh?

It always linger in my mind that what makes these young couples know that the person that they are going to marry is the "ONE"? Perhaps things for them are in overdrive and whatever happens, so be it? Maybe my concern and believe is making this simple issue, something more complexs and difficult than it actually is? For what its' worth, I wonder when fate do conjure in front of me, what prompts and hints would I get? Maybe divine intervention is in the works?

2 Comments:

  • I dunno too. Ya, how could ppl recog the 'ONE'?

    Probably only TIME can tell.
    Speaking abt time, it reminds me of JC's blog abt 'Time'.There's Only one word to describe Time aft reading it...

    -->LOST<--

    So there you go, Question unanswered if we were to debate abt TIME...

    By Blogger Winn, at September 13, 2005 6:45 PM  

  • I reckon life would be much simpler if there is a director for each and everyone of us, Agree? :)

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at September 13, 2005 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home