doc's dog day

Monday, August 08, 2005

8.8.2005

The magical 8, supposed to be a prosperous number in chinese especially in Cantonese with roughly translates into "wealth". Wonder if it's as magical and prosperous to me as well. As it is today is a monday as in any mondays the blues are in full force. I wonder if 8 is such a perfect number, from the strokes in it, it's by far the most perfect in the sense that all numbers can be formed from it. Therefore logically it is a perfect number. As for me, 8 is not associated with something positive. There are many things associated with 8 that reminds me of something bad, my previous shop bears the number 8 and I end up having to wind up my business, my car is a number 8 which is why I am still zipping around in an old jalopy. A lucky or unlucky number should be individualised, not generalised by being lucky or unlucky due to some verbal similarity with a particular tongue.

Coming to the day itself, my first patient happens to be a young man, no more than twenty that claims somebody spiked his drinks while in a club yesterday. He wanted me to give him some medication for his giddiness and generalised "uncomfortable" feeling in his body. I didn't give him anything apart from my opinion regarding recreational drugs. I think what he is suffering is perhaps a "hangover"? I told him that in cases like this, it would need hospital observation. If I my add, I think it serves him right for not mixing around with appropriate crowd, He should thank his lucky stars that he's not a female, many people become hook on drugs and also lost their dignity and self respect like this, imagine being gang raped? Not a complete inprobability in times like this. Many people are using the date rape drug, I just want females to be extremely cautious when they go out. My second patient is a monk and I didn't charge him apart from the medicine cost. I think it's this that makes me feel good about myself, being trained to heal. Then comes a young girl that actually fell while running and had a deep gash on her forehead, I have to stitch it and it turned our pretty well. I hope the scare would be as small as possible and I am confident that it would be very minimal.

I guess I must have rattled my mouth off when I am so vehemently passionate about date rapes. I have personally know a few people that were victims of it and I really emphatize with their predicament. The drug which is from benzodiazepine group is also known as rohypnol and it causes amnesia which makes the victim unable to recall and remember what actually happen. Other more commonly used date rape drugs include ketamine as well as GHB. All are addictives in recreational drugs and frequently used in discotheques and clubs. This is a lesser known fact. I hope and pray that young people nowadays are aware of this and to be extremely cautious when it comes to accepting drinks from strangers and also to be careful with their glasses. When I think of things like this, I am always concerned about the safety of the persons that I care about. I reckon for my ex, if she is not careful and mixes around with the wrong crowd, being gullible and also a little "high" with the alcohol, it's a dangerous mix. I just pray that she will be diligent enough to be aware of things like this.

I have to make another unscheduled trip back home to reinsert a new tube for my mum, as it is she has again did a houdini and pulled out the tube once again. I wonder if tying her up is not effective enough, perhaps I should think of other ways to restrain her? I wonder if with all the tying and restraining her, would it be bad when visitors see it? Hmm, I think what we are doing is basically for her own good. I think the phrase "cruel to be kind" rings true in this case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home