doc's dog day

Sunday, August 07, 2005

6.8.2005

Saturday, my off day, the day where I am supposed to cram all I wanted to do and has missed doing over the long weekday in less than 18 hours! The night before where I was supposed to hve gone for movie with my friend, I actually opted to go out with a drug representative to one of the nightspots but at the very last moment, it was cancelled. I was then too late to watch the movie with my friend so I had an early night. I woke up at 9.30 in the morning of Saturday and I went out to get the papers and after reading it I went out with my sister to one of the wet market to have our brunch. It was a nice bowl of laksa and after that I went for long walk, first to buy some DVDs and then I walked all the way into The KL Convention Centre. I was a really long walk, along the way I reckon I was moving at a much faster pace as compared with people that are driving. I think with the amount of cars on the road and the worsening traffic condition, it's not a bad idea to walk but recently the air index is worsening and the haze that is originating from Indonesion is making it's yearly rounds here yet again. It has been like a yearly ritual and the funny thing is that nothing seems to be done to prevent this.

While I was in the convention centre I noticed throng of people trying to get into the exhibition hall and my, the people are like jam packed and sandwitched. I wonder if any females has their modesty outraged as I reckon it's easy to take advantage of this situation, perhaps places like this is the shangrila for the pickpockets? I naturally take extreme care of my things and finally manage to locate my sister and after a few minutes I decided to get away from this congested place and make my way to the Twin Towers, which incidently used to be the tallest building in the world at one time, but this distinct repute has been held for mere few months. If memory serves me right, this has been claimed by the new building in Taiwan, called Taiwan 101 tower. I went and walked around in the shopping area and was looking at some plasma tvs and the flat screen tvs. I think when my condo is ready, I will eventually get one. I noticed that the prices has actually dwindled abit and probably in a few more years, it would be even cheaper.

I walked back home and my legs are aching. I reached home by 3.30pm and managed to catch a nap only to be disturbed by my sister in the convention centre, she asked me to be on medical standby and I declined. I think being my only off day, I should relax and do the things that I want to do without anything holding me back. I went for a jog at 5pm and it was a shorter jog of round 6 kms and I was panting and tiring much faster than normal. I think the long walk has actually taken some "wind" from me. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my jog and even had time to do some abdominal crunch, and some pectoral exercises. I think my weight now is even lower than 64kgs, I think I will maintain this weight from now on and not loose too much. It makes me look sickly eventhough I feel much better thin rather than fat.

I went for my movie with my friend at 9 pm, the movie is entitled "7 Swords" which is an adaptation from a popular chinese martial arts legend about a group of swordsman that has quit the world of martial arts and the new dynasty's agenda of purging any of the populace that is skilled in martial arts. The new regime has gone to the extend of killing the young and the innocent and it was the reason whythe 7 decide to retaliate with the full blessing of their mentor. Not a good watch considering it's a 2 and half hour movie as I think the goverment censorship has done it's job once again to censor indescriminately! It was supposed to be a 4 hour movie. It's like buchering an artistic work. I wonder when will be the time when we as adults can enjoy movies that aren't buchered indescriminately? I don't know if I will live to see the day.

I had my dinner at 12midnight after the movie and subsequently went back home to sleep. I had problem sleeping once again probably due to the fact that I am still pretty stuffed up with food. I bet tomorrow would be a real grind for me. Just hope that I would at least slog it through tomorrow and go back home to catch 40 winks earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home