doc's dog day

Friday, August 05, 2005

5.8.2005

Friday, the 5th day of the eight month. Today is the eve of my day off and I don't think I would be busy. I wonder why time flies so much faster these past few months. Perhaps it's because of the fact that i am working so long hours and hardly noticed my life passing me by. What can I do to get the upper hand? Perhaps I shouldn't work so hard? Perhaps I should think of something more worthwhile to spend my time in? Whatever it is, I am sure I would be much happier then.

I plan to go for a movie tonight and had actually made an appointment with my friend to watch "7 swords" and hopefully this is worthwhile to watse my time on it. According to the newspaper review on this movie, it doesn't looks like it's a good place to watse my time, but frankly there isn't anything better in the pipeline. So I guess it's this or nothing, better this then.

I will probably go to the Jazz festival in one of the night places tomorrow, and I have actually made arrangement with a new friend to meet him there. Perhaps I would actually unwind and relax amid the warm jazzy ambience? I don't know but I sure hope so. It would be also fun to get to know new people, people who is not closely associated with medicine and medical stuffs. I think my biggest problem is that i am too sheltered in my own personal comfort zone, which is my work and my business. I probably need to be more proactive to strive for something different. I reckon if I wasn't a bachelor or if I were to be still attached I would still be like what I used to be, complacent as well as resistant to change. I think breaking up actually jolt me to my senses that I need to be more active and more outgoing.

It's currently 5pm in the evening and I am still writing in my blog. There isn't any patient for quite sometime liao and hopefully towards the later part of the day I would be a little busier. She hadn't called me after trying to call me a couple of times yesterday morning. I think she probably wants to give me a hard time or probably disturb me again. I am wondering how is she now? Perhaps she is happy and is enjoying herself to the fullest? There isn't a long period of time that I don't think about her, but I am proud to add that I had thinking of her less as compared to the initial stages of the breakup. I am controlling myself and even as much and as hard as I am controlling, visual cue of her still occasionally pop into my mind. I think in this sense I am a difficult to understand. I find myself intrigued as well.

On a brighter note, I will be off work in a few hours time and I have decided to enjoy myself to the fullest this weekend. Perhaps I will go for a long walk and visit the Pc fair tomorrow morning? May there I could find something worthwhile for me to buy? Ipod should be a good idea, as in getting myself a digital camera. All these while I never had a camera of my own. I have bought one for my ex eventhough I don't own one, go figure! I have gotten her so many things that I lost count, the last being her flight ticket to NZ. That set me back like 2k.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home