doc's dog day

Sunday, July 31, 2005

30.7.2005

Today is saturday, my off day, well I am writing this on Sunday and I will recount what I have did over the 24 hour period. Did I go to the said meeting with my ex? As a matter of fact I did, I left work at 8.50pm and drove there after closing and ensuring everything has been properly locked. I reached a little after 9pm and proceeded to look for a parking spot and it was with some difficulty that I was able to secure a parking lot. I reckon since saturday is a day off for most people, yuppies are swarming to this suburb to get their daily doses of "social life". I reached 1957 pub and to my dismay, it has already been revamp and renamed, Fandago's. I looked for a place and act as inconspicous as possible, but mind you, I feel totally out of place. Many came as a group or as a couple, with me sitting in a quiet corner alone! This has got to be the freakiest and most awkward situation that I been in! I sat there waiting for her to turn up, and true to my deductions, she didn't turn up at all. I sat till 1am in the morning and had a few glasses of beers. I had done what I can to turn things around and it's now officially over. I have to move on and forget about the past.

Went back home and slept after having my beers and woke up at around 11 am in the morning. I think sleeping is good to rejuvenate whatever misfortunes that we might think that we had. I woke up and made an appointment with a friend to collect some medications. I visited a friends clinic and took some medications from him. I must say that his practice is doing much better as compared to mine. I have a uncanny idea to proceed with the purchase of a radiologic imaging device. I think with this the quota for foreign workers examination will be totally filled up. Anyway still considering if I am in the right frame financial wise to buy it. Will start doing some calculation in my finances on Sunday.

Towards the evening, I went for my tennis, at least to sweat a bit and also to start building on my fitness. I was naturally surprised to meet up with a previous tennis partner and we had a great time hitting balls, somewhat with fiery power in my part! I reckon he is surprised by my "extreme energetic and enthusiatic" approach to the way I actually smacked the tennis balls! But all in all I had a good time letting go of my frustrations.

I went back and showered and then after dinner went for pool with my gang. The area which we went to was smoky and a little run down, naturally everyone started smoking and yours truly also went to the extend of smoking a few joints. Fared terribly badly in the snooker and ended up paying for my inexperience in pool! went for supper subsequently and slept pretty late, at around 2 am!

I wish that my ex is happy and wish that she will have a good life henceforth. I don't think I should cling on to this past relationship and I should move on. But whatever is it, I still loved her very much and would pray for her continued happiness and good health. Something I read in the papers was rather apt, below is the exact reproduction of the said article:-

Last April, Oprah inteviewed Maya Angelou on her 70th birthday. Oprah asked her what she thought of growing older. And, there on TV, she said it was "exciting".

Regarding body changes, she said there were many, occuring everyday .... like her breasts. They seem to be in a race to see which will reach her waist first.

She is such a simple and honest woman, with so much wisdom in her words. Maya Angelou said this : I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it may sees today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things:- a rainyday, a lost luggage and a tangled christmas tree lights.

I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they are gone from your life.

I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as " making a life"

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

I've learned that whatever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be the one.

I've learned that everyday you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I just think it was enlightening and meaningful and is filled with such a postive outlook. I reckon I should take a cue from this and live my life as I should. I just want to tell that no matter what I still love her but I have to move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home