doc's dog day

Sunday, August 21, 2005

21.8.2005

Here I am again, writting nonsense in my favourite sounding board. Yesterday was a relatively productive day apart from the discomfort in my neck. On a brighter note, my neckache is much better as compared to yesterday, there is some residual pain but nothing that I can't handle. I was sitting the whole day in Starbucks and have manage to reply to my favourite Real Estate Forum. Sometimes it's funny when under a veil of anonymity, people tend to verbally abuse one another via public sounding boards . I wonder why is that so? I mean why are people not courteous amongst each other is way beyond me, they would just simply lash out at another person, for whatever reason they fancy. Funny eh?

Well another day, and today's a relatively quiet, perhaps due to the fact that the school holidays is commencing on Monday. I could visualise the beaming and laughing faces that is lining the children's faces. My neice is 10 and I could see the "glow" that she have on her face. My! what a sweet and angelic face, wonder when it's time to start school again, would she still have that "glow". I don't think "glows" like this goes beyond the holidays. I remembered when I was in public schools I did undergo the same sort of cycle. When school's out I am always estatic, not having to carry the "tonnes" of textbooks and exercise books on my shoulders and being kids can play the whole day! But when school starts again the dread and the anticipation of of waking up so early in the morning starts all over again. This is then the problem of handing up the homework starts causing beads of sweat to build up on our forehead! Why is there so much homework to do during the holidays? The funny thing is that when we are schooling, we dream of the holidays and plan out what we wanted to do but when it come, it tend to pass like the lightning and before we know it, it'll be over and the cycle continues. What a life eh? I think everyone needs to pass this cycle. I know because I did.

Seriously time flies. I can even remember when I was staying in a wooden house somewhere in the city which has now given way to tall condominiums. That was more than 30 years back! I even remember making my own toys, my own kite, even my own peashooter. I reckon kids those days were more enterprising in that sense, being able to make our own toys. Children then were more creative and more able to rough it out in stark contrast with the newer generation of children and their flashy new Nike's (why are those designs getting ulgier by the day?) and branded clothes, whom I may add only knows how to control a joystick. I never really take a liking towards playing computer games, I remembered when I was young, the games that were popular and "in" was Galactica and Pacman, nowadays kids don't even know what pacman is! Games now are more graphic and violent with loads of sexual innuendos. I reckon people are more exposed nowadays as compared to the naive kids of my generation. I don't even know how to control the numerous buttons in the "joypad" when I tried playing one of my patients' playstation and mind you, I couldn't even remember how many times I trashed the "car" while playing speedway, or whatever name the game is called. Recently online games is the fad and someone told me that many kids are making money trading credits in the online game, ever heard of "Gunbound" well I have, least I am not so backdated as some people my age.

2 Comments:

  • kids nowadays are so violent too! they road-hog with their 'heely'.
    (err..not sure if their 'shopping mall vehicles' are called heely'. think so guar)

    By Blogger Winn, at August 23, 2005 9:38 AM  

  • heely? haha, cute one, well if u ask me those "shoes" actually have detrimental effect on their heels later in life. Those "shoes" are simply not made for walking.

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at August 23, 2005 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home