doc's dog day

Thursday, August 11, 2005

11.8.2005

The 11th day of the month of August, and also one of the haziiest days in my city. The haze has already been here for 2 days and there is no sign of any improving over the next couple of days. It has been reported that it will persist even until the end of October which is a real health hazard to the average Malaysian. Perhaps because of this, I am quite busy today, I have more than 20 patients until now, which is in the evening. I think with this haze, it would be a precedent for better days to come? At least for my practice.

A close friend of mine actually asked me to pick up some shares and he told me that it would be a good bet that it would appreciate in value over these few months and perhaps make around 50% on the way. He has already bought lots and he is letting me into the tips and hopefully help me make some money as well. I am thankful that I have friends like this that actually wants to help me. Perhaps my luck isn't so bad anymore? An insight on better days ahead? I certainly hope so. I know that my career is growing at a good and reasonable pace and I just wished that it would be together with a special someone.

It's nearing 9pm and I have since seen and treated up to 30 patients today, a record of sorts, I usually only see half that, but today since it's a thursday and hazy, perhaps more people are getting sick and needs a doctors attention?

At times like this I hope and pray that my ex would be careful and won't be sick. She smokes and also with her type of lifestyle I am sure she will be affected by the haze. She used to have severe allergies and also some atopic asthma and I have strongly cautioned her before regarding smoking but my advice wasn't heeded. I wanted her to cut smoking completely which she was reluctant to do. Hmm, I wondered why? I am still concerned about her wellbeing and I wanted to call her which I decided against as I want to kept to my word of not contacting her. I still love her dearly but what can a mortal like me do? Things happen, bad things and I am sure I had done whatever I can to salvage this relationship. I just want her to be happy, I wanted our relationship to be happy. That is what I wanted, is for her to have time to think what is her priorities and to enjoy what she wants before commiting to us. Basically it didn't turn out as I wanted to, and I reckon it would be for the best. It's better this than getting married and then having problems right? But I still think of her though, a lot in fact, so it's not unusual to think of her at times like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home