doc's dog day

Thursday, August 18, 2005

18.8.2005

DAMN SHIT! I typed so much in my friggin' blog and it just disappeared! I cannot imagine what bloody luck is happening to me! I am having hell on earth, just like the opening of the gates in the netherworld, and it happens to the exact day of the month, the worst day of the year. Damn if this is going to be the precedent in the days to come, I might as well call it quits!

As it is today is the 14th day of the seventh month according to the lunar calender and this is when the "souls" of the departed get a day off from hell! Literally! According to chinese beliefs the spirits will roam the realm of the human world in search of loved ones and in search of foods and it's always good karma to give and pray to them. I am also planning to do that and I am a novice in this praying to the dead as I am not much of a believer. What the heck, I guess I'll just join the club.

It is supposed to be the darkest day of the year, the "yin" as compared to the "yang" which is supposedly bad for a lot of people. When I was working in hospitals, I do noticed an increase in the amount of accidental deaths as well as more old people dying during this period. I cannot say that it has something to do with this month as such, but being chinese I couldn't help but tie 2 and 2 together. It's surprising and I wonder if we were to check with the goverment registry for birth and death, I would put my money on the latter being much higher in comparison to the other months. Well even in this month, the amount of people getting married and the amount of childbirth among chinese are significantly lower, unless for the former there are unavoidable circumstances like unexpected and unplanned pregnancy.

It's times like this that I begin to think about her. I wonder if she is safe and taking care of herself? I only hope that she is capable of doing that but if I know her, she will not be. Ah well, nothing much that I can do apart from pray for her wellbeing. She is always in my prayers and I have been praying before going to work and before I sleep. I wanted her to be safe and be happy. Perhaps I feel guilty in my part for not being able to take care of her, whatever it is, I reckon I am trying to at least hope and pray that she would lead a happy life. I don't know what I am doing now, thinking about her is usual, but as it is, I am unable to just drop everything about her and move on. I find this both cumbersome and tiring. Someone once said that I am a dreamer, and when it comes to many things I would actually think and think and think. Maybe what he said is true, I am still thinking about her, but until when is the question.

Coming back to the day, I always wondered what is's like to actually able to see "them"? I haven't the chance to see, but I reckon I actually came close when I was holidaying in a highland when i was pretty young, uptill now I am undecided if that's actually an apparition or it's just a figment of my imagination. Perhaps it's the latter? Anyway I've heard numerous stories about encounters with phantom and ghouls even when I was stationed in the hospital but I haven't the chance to actually see one. Perhaps it's a good thing?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home