doc's dog day

Friday, August 12, 2005

12.8.2005

A fresh new day, and it's one more day to my day off and I am positively looking forward to it. The day started off with the haze lightening up a bit and it's better as compared to yesterday and the day before. Hopefully it would be back to normal in a day or two! I had to run more than usual as I had some paper work to sort out. I left my clinic at around 11 am and drove to the city to a broker's office for the purpose of opening a brokerage account. I was supposed to open only one account and I ended up with 2! I reckon there is no harm opening another one as it's free anyway! My friend has been pestering me to get it done and to pick up some shares that he is sure would make significant gains over the next few months. I really hope what he say is right, I had been previously "burnt" when I got caught in the bearish market and hopefully I will be able to profit from a bull run now! I reckon with the market slowing due to haze it would make perfect sense to pick up a few lots!

I did something out of the ordinary as well today by registering in the local radio website and to dedicate a song to my "friend". I think I am a basket case in this sense, It started off with me fiddling with my notebook and as I was doing that happen to browse the website, needless to say all things leads somewhere and I registered and dedicated a song to her by Bruce Springsteen. Secret Garden with a heart rendering voice over from The Motion Picture Soundtrack of Jerry Mcguire ! I can always relate to that. It is my mood song, the song for me when I am feeling down and when I am totally not at peace with myself. I especially loved the part when he said, "You complete me". I wonder when would someone say things like this to me or even for me to say it to someone. In this case I wanted to say this to my ex, but I reckon the opportunity has passed. I think this song would be appropriate for me to dedicate to her, as I wholeheartedly wanted to say this three words to her, Darl, you complete me.

I am wondering what I should do tonight, after work. I am unable to think of anything to do, and I reckon the best is to keep myself indoors and sleep more? I have been working the whole day and it's irritation that I have to go back early and not able to go and enjoy myself, totally irksome. Hmm maybe I should start calling friends on the phone to ask if any wants to go out with me, for movie or even for a cup of tea? Is this a pathetic lifestyle? I seriously cannot think of any ways to change my life apart from simply closing my practice and to go for a long backpacking trip! How I wished that I have the time to do all this? Perhaps if my business becomes so bad, I would take the opportunity to do some volunteer work like "Medicins' Sans Fronteres'?" Maybe I should, at least I would be at peace with myself and I would actually feel that is more for me in this world? Hmmmm, maybe, maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home