doc's dog day

Thursday, August 11, 2005

10.8.2005

I didn't write anything today as I was too tired. As it is, the day is very quiet, perhaps due to the haze that is so rampant in out city. I can barely see beyond half a kilometres and it's causing a lot of health problems to a lot of people. I think it's the annual "burn thy forest day" in our neighbouring country. I wonder if there isn't any legislation that can be brought to their goverment's attention in order to prevent this from ever happening again. I think breathing smog and particulate is something that I don't want to continuosly face in years to come. Someone needs to do something. If I recalled correctly it first started happening a couple of years ago, one year before the 1988 Commonwealth Games and it was until a stage that the games was nearly cancelled and held in a different country, but then when it miraculously didn't happen during the games, it has reared it ugly head so many years continuosly and our goverment is not doing anything to prevent this from ever happening again! I wonder why? Hmm, Perhaps these are the machinery of goverment?

It's been a long and frustrated day today, not much patient, I think not even close to 10 and the collection is deplorable. I don't know if it's going to continue again tomorrow, seeing the haze, it should be good news for doctors and clinics but as it is, it's very quiet in my setup, maybe due to the fact that I am not good enough? I heard over the radio that there is a lot of minor accidents and prangs occuring along the many trunkroads in and around the city and it was invariably due to the poor visibility of the roads. I wonder when will this persists until? Hopefully this is a short term problem and with the coming rainy season, it would actually clear off the smog from the air. I remembered last time while working in East Malaysia, I had the unpleasant experience of having to deal with the haze then, I was stationed in a small rural hospital and the haze was so bad until I cannot even see the building that was merely 50 feet away. There was even one incident that while transporting a critically ill patient to the tetiary hospital, we inadvertantly lost our way to the hospital as we had missed the junction! Can u beat that?We are so used to this road that it's imposible to miss it but we did!

I was reading and browsing about what is happening in the world as well as watching dvds most of the time today. As I had said, patients have been sparse and few and I had a lot of time to watse. Have been reading a lot on the real estate and I am organising a get together for the fellow forumers. The response have been pretty encouraging and I hope when we do meet up at the end of the month, it would be a good affair. I am doing this simply because of the fact that I want to make more friends, and get to know them as well as to increase my circle of friends. I think it's a good step to move on. To move from recurring dreams about my ex, to move on to greener pastures and to forget about her. I think i need to envelop myself with having some amount of activities, meeting with people who is of a different background, interests and standing. Organising something like this would serve my purpose of forgetting about my past liason with my ex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home