doc's dog day

Friday, July 08, 2005

7.7.2005

Yay! today is supposed to be a good day for me! According to a Fung Shui expert that i consulted a couple of months ago, there is a paradigm shift in my life begining this year, and it will be best starting this day! I am not a superstitious person but it does feel good upon listening to good news. I reckon in our lives there are few good news if any and any good ones will definately brightened our day. It would fill our life with more hope rather than despair, even when what they say are purely hypothetical and might not contain any ounce of truth in it, nonetheless it still feel great. I got up and went to work feeling a bit more at peace with myself. I am planning to write the email to my ex today and am raring to get everything in my mind and put it into the mail.

Reach the clinic and saw a couple of patients. As usual had my daily addiction of a caffein fix as well as my early dose of local and foreign news, things of interest is the bid city for the 2012 Olympics was awarded to London! From the headlines there were headshots of people celebrating the news with aplomp and gusto. I wonder why did Paris lose out in their bid? I always thought that they were the front runners? Hmm, must be some heavy politics in the part of the British, they had actually relied heavily on some sport celebrities to pull in the 4 extra votes to edge Paris. Well politics seems to rear it's head in all aspects of life.

Was busy the whole day having my daily rations of patient as well as replying and writing on my blog. A friend came and bought some erectile medications from me. There are lots of males that are shy to buy medication for erectile dysfunction for themselves and always seem to ask someone to buy on their behalf, like a proxy. I don't mind selling them the medications after asking them the neccesary questions. It's a fairly safe drug unless you have some heart related problems and is on nitrates. A few drug representatives came and see me and I am happy that I can at least pass time talking to them. It beats sitting and doing nothing There was a time when I can read the whole newspaper from the front to the last page including all the advertisements. That was what my life was a few months ago, nothing to shout about, I know. But nowadays it's not as bad as that as I have my notebook and is hooked on the net to read whatever I want to read at my own pace.

Okay regarding my email to my ex, I have actually taken and written a few drafts, which I never do when I write anything. I am the type that write anything that comes into my mind, and that is why sometimes what I might have written lack coherency as well as fluidity. I think this is my little "glitch" . I took the trouble to write a few drafts to her as I want it to be concise and straight to the point. I want her to know what my thoughts and my plans are and I think it needs to be easily understandable. I plan to send it after the 16th and although I am impatient, I think sending it to her now is not good timing. Basically what do I want to achieve with this email? I am pleading with her to reconsider about the possibilty of us getting back together. I am doing this for the last and final time. I think what I want is basically closure and in order to placate my feelings for her. I know if I don't do it, I will be like this for the rest of my life, ever thinking of the possibilites, as the fact of the matter is still the four letter word of LOVE. It's a funny thing. What I wrote was basically an email asking her to meet me on the 29th of this month. I am hoping that she will come, failing which I will honour my part of not initiating contact with her anymore. I think this is my last and final attempt in this relationship. After this I will try to move on.

OMG, the latest on the news is that there was a bomb blast in London, barely a few hours earlier there was happiness on the face of fellow Londoners for they have won the bid to the summer 2012 Olympics, but now there was doom and gloom all over. I don't understand why this despicable act in the name of religion? According to media reports the bomb blast has been claimed responsibility by the Europe branch of Al Qeuda! I wonder what is the motivation of people under this organisation? What are their ideals? How can anyone for that matter would want to hurt a fellow human being? Life is bad already as it is, why would anyone makes it even worse? There were claimes that around 40 odd people died in 4 separate bombs which crippled the network of public transports in central London. One bomb went off on a bus and 3 others in the subway. Why must civilians be targeted? Even women and children are not spared, will it achieve their objective of gaining sympathy to their cause? Well I certainly don't think so! I shudder to think of the chaos and the psychological toll that will happen for years to come. I wonder if earth is not large enough for the 6 odd billion inhabitants?

Diverging from this depressing state of world affairs, one of my female friend brought her daughter to collect some documents from me. She was my first girlfriend way back when I was in high school, a good 17 years ago. She aged a lot and looks very haggard. I wonder the constant pursuit of material and financial rewards really played a significant part in the aging process, not to mention childbirth. I ain't no better in this sense as I am also getting more haggard, not by pursuit of financial things but by my insomnia, the relationship woes are getting to me. We had a talk about old times, old friends and their current state. It was all pretty good to get to know some old friends that are doing very well with their life. I reckon I need to buck up and start my slow climb upwards. I plan to retire or at least cut short my working hours by the age of 40. Perhaps even thrust myself into the world of politics? Who knows then? Hmm, good idea! Well she mention that I am a bit restless especially when I hear some of them are so financially independant. I wish i was like that as well, and it's now my turn to start investing and gaining some financial security. I wonder if I am too late?

I went for tea with my regular "kakis" and collected a cheque from one of them. I reckon today is indeed a good day as I have collected 44rm short of 1k, and also 2 cheques. No complains though, and chatting with them gave me some distraction from my ex. We talked about everything, from the bomb blast to the contruction and the impending downward spiralling of the country's economy. It'll be another day tomorrow, and I hope that it would be even better than today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home