doc's dog day

Sunday, June 26, 2005

26.6.2005

It's now nearing 7pm in the evening. I had as usual work for more than 10 hours already, it's especially tiring when I hadn't have much sleep yesterday. As it is I hardly slept yesterday due to the fact that I am developing some amount of sleep disorder. I used to have insomnia but it has virtually disappeared long time ago, only to resurface recently. It's all very tiring and I hope it would soon pass.

How many patients today? Hmm, perhaps in the vicinity of 15 to 18? Not too sure about the actual numbers though, I would prefer it to be more but knowing that the economy is not as desired I am nonetheless happy. Just hope and pray that it would maintain. I went out for a short visit to a shopping centre near my clinic, to buy a birthday card. As it is, my ex's birthday will be coming soon and I thought it would be appropriate to send her an anonymous card from me, the funny and most unusual thing is that I had chosen a card for her, but it resembles the one she sent to me while we celebrated my last birthday! OMG, I didn't actually realise it until I look into the card that she sent me. It is identical! I don't know whether I should send it to her or just let things be. It had been in my mind for a long time, but I suppose sending a not returning birthday card don't actually compromise my stand on this withered relationship. Just hope that she has a great and enjoyable birthday. Still think of her though, I think humans are a creature of habit, when we become too comfortable with our existence and surroundings, we don't want nor expects change, and according to a close friend of mind which I totally agree, change is but the most difficult part, when we actually make the initiative to carry that forward, all things will end. I hope she is right, am feeling miserable now.

It will be another few hours before I call it a day, as it happens, I too am too comfortable in my little existence until I lackthe desire to change what I am, it dawned upon to me that my ex wanted change and I was too recalcitrant to even consider changing. Perhaps this is my weakness, I wonder. I sometimes think that I might have erred in my judgement. But I need to stress that it has all but passed. Need to be bold and carry on with what I have decided.

I am looking for other ways to invest my hard earned money. I am planning to convert what I have into something more significant. As it is after commiting myself to my apartment, I am currently low in cash reserves. I hope this will change, as I am asking a close friend of mine that deals in machinery to invest my small portion of cash and make some amount of profit from there, Hopefully the returns will be higher than putting my money in fixed deposit.

I just saw an old lady with high blood pressure and it amaze me to think that people don't like taking medications even for such a grave problem. As is it her blood pressure is hovering around 200mmHg and it really a matter of time that her blood vessels gives way. I advised her accordingly and hopefully it will be less after the stat dose of antihypertensive medications. I find it difficult as usual to persuade her to continue with her medications. People as such loathe changes!

I tend to see a lot of paediatrics patient since this morning. I assume that is because of my rapport with the children, they initially is abit apprehensive when they walk it, but after a while they tend to warm up and play around with this. I reckon this is a very important prerequisite in a good doctor, am happy that I at least let some toddlers feel comfortable with me.

A women came with severe chest pain, I examined her and found that her blood pressure is high. On futher probing I extracted some family problems with her and this eventually led to free flowing of tears. Her problem basically originates from her anguish and anxiety. I at times feel for people like this, having to cope with so much stress and unhappiness. It makes me think that why are WE here? In a nutshell, everyone dies, no matter how rich and powerful we are. This is the cruel destiny all humans have to go through. I think we as humans need to treat each other civil and at least make the short transition of time we have on earth "enjoyable". Everything in existence is not permanent and transitionary. If everyone remembers this and play their part, society would be such a lovely place. Ah wishful thinking. I just wish and pray my transition here is not so unbearable.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home