doc's dog day

Sunday, July 24, 2005

23.7.2005

Saturday the 23th July, 2005. Woke up at 12noon and had a fantabulous sleep. I actually woke up earlier at 8am but seeing this is my day off decided or rather laze again and slept! I had a relatively late night the day before as I met up with a friend from Johor, went for some nite tea and had a nice talk. This friend used to be my staff in my old practice and she will be going off to China to continue with her masters' in TCM (tradional chinese medicine). She had graduated last time with a bachelor's degree and she wanted to study western medicine but I advised her against this. I think it's better to cling on to chinese medicine and its more economically viable as studying from scratch to western medicine is a huge difference.

Anyway on Saturday upon waking up, I went for a lunch at one of the shop outside my house, have a bowl of curry noodles and read some newspaper. I am obligated to read what is printed and being a Saturday edition, nothing much of interest. It's more focused on Business Edition and I had some gruelling task of reading through the business section, nothing that many people actually had a very positive outlook for our country's economy. I think this should be a concerted effort by the goverment to win public support and gain their confidence. I have to total opposite opinion as I think our economy is actually declining. Well only time will tell.

I subsequently arranged to see a second hand car that I was interested in. It's a 97 MGF cabriolet and I arranged to view it at the seller's place. I went along with 2 of my friends and we went to view the car. Upon reaching the place, externally the car was looks very enticing, but upon checking out the interior and the ride of the car, I wasn't impressed at all. There is no ride comfort, driving it seems to be a pain (literaly) as it was so bumpy that I felt my lunch trying to jump out aborally and it was a really naseating experience! Anyway the car looks pretty cool but I reckon I am not cut up to drive something so sport, perhaps I am getting too old? I think I would look into something more contemporary and appropriate for my age. Hmm, a beemer would be a much better choice if not for the costs!

I went to friends office and checked out my favourite forum in real estate. Many believe that our economy is going to get worse and are bracing for it buy keeping lots of cash and not picking up any new units. I am too. I surmise that cash is king! hahah. I went back subsequently at 7pm and wanted to just grab some gears for my tennis session at 7pm. Upon reaching home, I saw that my mum has actually passed motion and all around her is covered with faeces. I have to clean her up with my sister and it took a while before everything is finished and I can go for my tennis. I reckon my mum is no longer in control of her mental faculties and everything she does is basically reflexs and it pains me to see her like that. I reckon everyone is going to pass by this phase and I hope that she don't suffer so much. Anyway we as her children are doing all we can for her and she should be happy that we are doing what we can.

I went for tennis late and reached there at around 8pm, I was totally surprised to see that there wasn't any lights lighted and I approached the caretaker and told him to switch on the floodlights. Imagine my chagrin when he asked me to show him the official receipt. I asked my friend to show him and I gave him some piece of my mind, He was supposed to switch on the lights at 7pm. I asked for his name and will lodge a complain for compensation for the lost hour.

Went for dinner alone after the tennis as my friend was very tired and wanted to go home, had pork noodles and it was a good change and after that I went to get some beer before going back home. Another has passed and tomorrow will be a new week for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home