doc's dog day

Friday, July 15, 2005

14.7.2005

Well, today is not such a great day for me. It started off innocently enough and I reached my clinic without a hitch, I had a reasonable amount of sleep the night before and had some nice tea with my regular friends. I reckon these are the only 2 other people that is close to me and I tend to look them up for drinks, games and also the occasional movie. I got home the night before at around half pass eleven and after bathing and cleaning up had a couple of beers. Slept by around 1am.

There whole day was reasonable in the sense that when I reach the clinic I had a patient waiting for me to do their blood test. I thought that it was going to be a good day, but am I wrong! Business wise was so so, and the collection was not bad but apart from a few untoward incidences that actually got me going. One of them was I had to get back home at around noon and to insert (again) the urinary catheter for my mum. She has (again) removed it and in the process destroy the tube. If memory serves me right, I have change more than 7 tubes for her. I hope this latest tube can at least last a good 2 weeks. Mum is still strong apart from the fact that she is wasting away and I reckon she is going downhill. I don't think there is anything else that can be done and we are trying to postpone the iminent as long as possible. Sometimes I feel that she is exacting a toll on us and it's very depressing and stressful.

Oh when I was driving back to check out my mum, my car was knocked into by a stupid motorcyclist! The idiotic chap was trying to zig zag his way around the stationary cars and end up knocking into my car! Bloody hell, he just ran off "beating" the red light! Damn! Need to get it repaired again! Another hole in my wallet! Sigh*

I came back to the clinic feeling somewhat exasperated with the things going around me. The day progressed with a trickle of patients coming due to the fact that it was raining, as in any other day the complains are more or less the same. When it was towards the later part of the evening I saw a child that has been complaining of chronic cough and also high fever on and off. I saw him and concluded that he is suffering from pneumonia, I asked them to take him to the hospital but was instead told that they had been to the hospital but was told that the child is fine. I treated him with some medications and told them to go to the hospital in case something happen. I wrote a referral to them and in my opinion, he should be fine. Then something happen, an ophthalmologist came to my clinic to introduce himself and to inform about him opening a new clinic close by. Naturally he wants me to refer any eye cases to him and I have no problems with that. The funny thing is that when he found out that I was also eye trained in one of the hospitals, he asked if I knew his wife who happens to work in the same hospital with me the last time with the name of so and so. I was so very surprised to learn that his wife is none other than my previous girlfriend! Yoicks! I didn't even know that she is married! OMG! and that too I almost got married to her. Anyway something happen and we went our separate ways. Suffice to say that I felt totally out and at my age, why wouldn't I? I have achieve so little where else everyone seems to be overtaking me! Am I pressuring myself too much? How I felt my heart being tugged by a string nay a rope! Too much for me to bear. I reckon I am the last person in this world to know about this. I reckon my whole life is besotted with relationship woes and problems. Am I being too choosy?

I reflected on myself. I felt bad the whole night through. I think I should not wait until the 29th to meet up with my ex gf. I don't think I have anything to loose if I call her now and try to get me to meet up with me. I think she hasn't got the email and I think to take the direct approach is the best thing that I can do. I won't loose anything and at least I will know how she is doing when I call her. If she is happy I would be happy too! All this has makes me have a different perspective and different approach in life. Perhaps this is a cue and a jolt for me to change my thinking? I will perhaps call her today or tomorrow! I have prayed for divine intervention and I reckon what I can do is only so much. The anticipation of calling her is exacting a toll on me. Am feeling all the results from the sympathetic stimulus with all the flushing, palpitation, and anxiety! Jeez, get a grip man, u have gone through so much in life and this should be nothing. I think the anticipating is worst than actually talking to her. I reckon I would only try calling her tomorrow. I feel like a student going for my first major university examination or my first operating case! I must be getting nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home