doc's dog day

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Infirmity

That is what I am feeling lately. I am feeling a bit "under the weather" so to speak, a real ironic statement since I had suspected my current lackluster health to be closely related to the perennial haze that has been ever so generously donated by our neighbors.

Yup, dry irritating cough, runny nose and itching of my eyes are some of the predominant symptoms that I have been experiencing. I have no doubt that it initiated due to the bad quality of air that we have had over the past few days, but on top of that, the situation has been made worst and compounded no doubt to my lack of fluid intake, rest and too much of drinks.

All these microcosms of factors made me developed a bad cough, and a bad sorethroat. I have since added hoarseness of voice to that ever increasing lists of discomfort.

I have since started taking medications for these but as it is, me being a practitioner of western medicine, never did like taking medications. Yes, I do admit, i am myself a bad patient. I recall my nephew is also similar like me in the sense that he doesn't take his anti hypertensive medications as well, and mind you he's a nephrologist. I bet at times doctors can be the worst patients and this maxim holds water especially when it comes to me and my nephew.

I think I would still be like this for the next day or two, and come Saturday when I have my rest I'd recover fast. Till then, I am drinking plenty of fluids and avoid taking any fried and oily food. Hope this will be a short and temporary setback. Onwards to much better things in a few days.

1 Comments:

  • hey doc ;0)
    it's been a while since my last visit here .
    glad u are doing fine . albeit...sick. ok u get well soon ya !!

    By Blogger Winn, at July 25, 2007 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home