doc's dog day

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Car Service



It was saturday and I had made prior arrangement to get my car serviced in Ford Concessionaires and it was scheduled for 10am in the morning. I reach the place at around the stipulated time frame. I own a Ford Escape which I bought it pre owned, and this is my first service.

To cut a long story short, it was the longest ever service that I had ever experience. It took at least 4 hours to merely change the engine oil and the air and oil filter. I notice from the service booklet it was supposed to take 0.8hours to get it done.

I was wondering if it really does need so long to get a cars serviced? Perhaps it's because there is only one authorised service centre for Ford in the whole of Malaysia? And for whatever it is, it costs me 300 odd to just change into a semi synthetic oil. I reckon it's far too expensive.

Apart from that upon inspection of the car, there are numerous things that need to be changed? Including the shock absorbers, the disc brakes and everything is running into the thousands. I just wondered if it's an accepted norm to tell the customers that everything is not working properly and a change is imminent?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home