doc's dog day

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Traffic jam

While on the way to work this morning, I was caught in a jam that was primarily due to the Thaipusam float possesions and devotees throwing coconuts on the road. I have no problems with acts of devotion to the divine and deities but indescriminate throwing of coconuts on the road is plain dangerous.

I don't know why are the coconuts littered on the road and I reckon there must be some religious significance to it, but as it is, the safety and the wellbeing of the motorists are of paramount importance. I saw a near accident that made me contemplate about the manner which it happen, and thank god that nothing happen to the motorcyclist.

I reckon tomorrow will be another day which is going to be jammed and i would need to get up earlier and go to work. To all the Hindu devotees, I wish them Happy Thaipusam

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home