doc's dog day

Friday, November 11, 2005

I Have Enough

Another day drawing to a close, another leaf in the chapter of my life, another weekend. I always have the opinion that I am a dreamer. Not those glassy eyed and people on a "high" but a dreamer, full of ideals and ambitions. A dreamer in this sad and materialistic world. I think my life so have has been a dream, a dream that has countless ups and downs, and you know what? I reckon I am thankful for having my life, complete with all it's downsides as well as upsides.

Someone might find it funny that I am grateful for having a life like this. In fact musings aside, I feel utterly blessed for having to experience the bitter part of life, the bad part and the negativity of it.We live at the time when the headlines is plastered with the huge bold letters, screaming "TERRORISM", the sufferings, materialistic and the irony of life. Why would I still be happy? I think part of me is thankful that I have had a blissful life, with its' little ups and downs, and I think I am appreciating the ups more due to the downs.

By comparing to a really bad day, eventhough life isn't 100% perfect, I must say I have a good day today. Eventhough business is not good, eventhough I am bored without much to do, without a social life, without an "other" half but comparatively I have had a good day. It's times like this that people starts complaining about how bad their lives are which is right if they compare it to another more successful and affluent person who has it all. The question remains that had they ever wondered the problems that the other person has? The grass may not neccesarily be greener over the other side.

I will never exchange my life with another person for I am wholly and fully satisfied with mine. I reckon I had an "enough" life, having everything that I need and nothing that I want, therefore making the things that I have even more meaningful and valuable. I've had enough bitter experiences to make me cherish the life that I am currently having, enough disappointments that can make me appreciate my success, enough sickness to make me feel healthy, enough sadness to make me feel happy, enough friends to keep me occupied, enough money to make me feel rich, enough patients to keep me busy, enough time to let me rest and the most important, I have enough character to make me appreciate all this.

3 Comments:

  • "I will never exchange my life with another person for I am wholly and fully satisfied with mine."

    Well said. Never thought i'd hear somebody else say it ;-)

    By Blogger Aurora, at November 11, 2005 8:07 PM  

  • Hi there,

    I somehow clicked on several links and found myself in your blog. Been reading your entries from June 2005 (and still reading) for the past hour and a half and I'm at Work! Bleh, screw Saturdays at work.

    I find your entries rather insightful and will continue reading them. Your thoughts are like mine in some ways and I can definitely relate to it, although I am not a doctor. :)

    Keep it up..cheers! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 12, 2005 11:15 AM  

  • i wouldnt trade my life for anything. coz i know i cant.
    and that i cant never be sure if the new cld be better, or cld be worser.

    even if life cld be exchanged, i dont think it wld make any difference if my mindset stay put.

    By Blogger Winn, at November 12, 2005 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home