doc's dog day

Monday, October 17, 2005

Forum Gathering 2

Well after the nitty gritty of organising the second gathering and the negativity as well as drama prior to that actual day, it turned out that the gathering went without any untoward incident. It started off a bit slow as it was drizzling at 7pm. I was the earliest one to arrive but it was fine as I like the ambience and the soothing piped music that they play here, definately much, much more congenial for talking and exchanging views compared to Passion.

People starts trickling in by 8pm and we started having our snacks as well as wine, I ordered a Penfolds and it was nice, full bodied and aromatic. Not a bad wine to down with cheese, we ordered brie, and it came in a platter, well more like the chopping board but still the presentation of it is nice, not too much cheese but aptly adequate.

We exhanged views as well as ideas about property investing with a part of it spent on discussing the inappropriateness of the character "T", even the maitre D that entertained the call actually came to meet up with us to detailed to us how "T" called to change and then cancel the bookings. I listened intently while laughing as I couldn't comprehende what was the motivation behind all these. I reckon sometimes it's just difficult to understand how someone could go into any length to disrupt a function. It shivers to think that if "T" was someone close to me, or any of my "exs" has anything to do with it.

We adjourned from the gathering feeling a bit tipsy and then reconvene to the local "mamak" stall to continue with our talk. It was great to exchange views and tips with other fellow forumer and good to know some legal loopholes as well. As the minute hand strikes 3am in the morning, we bid each other adieu, I left the stall leaving euphoric as well as happy that it all turned out well, my only worries now is would I be able to wake up at 8am in the morning to get to work?

3 Comments:

  • angel,

    You abused me? Aiks? Since when did I mention this? My Oct 14th posts is about the Real Estate Forum. I have nothing against gays, many of my close friends are one too, heck even my tennis partner is one. I think u have misconstrued what I wrote. In the forum there is more than one "T" and those has been heckling other forumers on and off, including me. Hope this clears the air.

    U went to Russia? must be freezing cold eh!;P

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at October 18, 2005 9:29 AM  

  • still, where's noor? :p

    By Blogger Sharon D., at October 18, 2005 1:51 PM  

  • You could pay me to be a human alarm clock ;-)

    By Blogger Aurora, at October 19, 2005 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home