doc's dog day

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Update

I haven't been writing on this blog for sometime. I have been very busy lately and I am totally stressed out. I reckon this post will be devoid of any fanciful and flowery sentences as it merely contains updates on what is happening to my life at this juncture.

It's 7.16pm now and I have but a few more hours to go before I call it a day and go back home. On a brighter note, my brother from Perth is flying in today and at least there is some kind of mental support. I hope things would be less stressful as there will be another hand, so to speak. I had gone back home earlier in the afternoon to adjust my mum's IV drip and it's apparent that time is a luxury that she ill afford. I reckon if I am not posting for the next few days, chances are whatever we had dread for so long has turned out to be a reality. I think this is but a closure for us as well as for mum.

The least we have done is to exhaust all possible avenues and it's invariable people move and pass on, it's what we do in this span of time, however short it is that defines us. I reckon in this regard, mum did very well, raising 15 of us, 2 males and all females and suffice to say all are pretty established in our own sense. Some fare better than others but it's important that there is no special privilege and everyone has got the same treatment. None had ever been in the wrong side of the law and some sacrifices are made by the older siblings for the benefit of the younger ones. Education was emphasised by mum and dad and they had worked feverishly to provide some amount of education for each and everyone of us, although the latter ones had the benefit of persuing college and varsity degrees.

I might at times be naughty and sarcastic towards her, but I reckon it's a phase that we as kids tend to do which is rebel without a cause. I want to beg for her forgiveness and thank her for all the sacrifices that she had made for me and the rest of my siblings. I hope that I have been a son that mum and dad always wanted and envision me to be. I pray that I am not a let down in this sense. I pray that I am a worthy son to my mum. May the blessing of the Triple Gem be upon mother. May Mum be well and happy. Namo Tasso Bhagavatho Arahato Samasam Budhassa. Sadhu, Sadhu, Sadhu.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home