doc's dog day

Friday, October 14, 2005

War

Well, something happen to me today. Something weird and totally out of character, something that warrant a mention in my blog as well as take the mundane whiff out of the day. I have been active in one of the Real Estate forums. In anonymous forums like this we will invariably encounter people who is totally clueless as well as delusional ones. I had previously encountered a few but none more persistent than this character, T. He or she has been hounding yours truly for sometime and seriously this has gone a bit too far, how far you ask? Hmm, let me detail what actually happen in lenght.

That character has been heckling me for a good, month and a half already. Ever since an article came out in one of the local dailies regarding the usefulness of real estate forums, the registered members has suddenly quadrupled. It's actually a good thing, having an increase in readership as well as contributors, since this is where all queries regarding purchasing properties as well as investing is discussed. Knowledgeble and experienced hands will then dispense the neccesary advice. But then again there will also be some that takes advantage of anonymity to dispense vulgarities, to hurl abuses to other genuine contributors as well as plain destruction of the forum, just for kicks. There has been a few scattered incidences and a few that is basically "in" the forum for one and one thing only and T is one of them. I must have irritated that person or whatever I did, or posts hit a raw nerve. I am NOW the undisputed sworn enemy of T!

I have been treating this character with restrained as well as courtesy and up till now haven't exactly lost my head and return her abuses in "kind". Not even when he/she created a nickname which is similar to mine to start a rumour purportedly from me. I have been level headed and composed. I have been hurled abuses after abuses, being called a female, lonely one too, a gay, a twerp, an asshole, asswipe, friggin dickhead, f*cker, and what not and still I was civil. I reckon people like this thrives on attention and if I stoop down to that level, I am no better than T.

Suddenly, out of the blue, I received a call today, a hidden number from a very nice, polite and sweet sounding female, asking me for directions to my clinic, I thought the call sounded dubious but nonetheless I patronised the call. I found out later in the forum that it was indeed T! Omigod this is carrying a bit too far! some people does go through all the lenght to stalk! I am like, WTF! this is serious, don't u think? I am not angry, just perplexed as to how she got my number!

Subequently, someone from the venue that I've booked for the gathering called to say that have I cancelled the bookings that I've made earlier? Huh? Since when? according to the concierge someone named T has called and said that the booking has now changed into T's name and will be cancelled. Then I knew, it was like a sudden epiphany! Luckily, I knew the chap and he called me to reconfirm, if not it'll be totally chaotic tomorrow! Wow! this is too much. After thinking about my options, and tactical planning, I am on the offensive, I will fish for her to attend the gathering and as much as I am reluctant, let the war begins!


7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home