doc's dog day

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Destiny


It's not on any given day that I'm lost and contemplating as to or not write the next post. But I reckon, hey, what the heck, since I am virtual unknown in the "Blogsphere", I might as well write what I want and dictate what can or cannot be written, so here it is a mini-expose' of sorts of my latest dabbling in seeking a window to my future.

My heart was racing as I went ahead with my appointment of meeting up with the fortune teller, the visually stimulating image of a Gypsy lady covered in a scarf with a crystal ball and a tent is basically the first thing that came into my mind. It's not that I'm a complete greenhorn in the world of fortune tellers but I wonder why the image is prominently ingrained in my mind despite having seek a consultation a few years back. Maybe all the TVs that I've been watching as well as the onslaught of JK Rowling's Harry Potter is exacting it's revenge on me?

The first glance at the clairvoyant, she turns out to be like a normal person, albeit with the poorly done make up. Anyway as expected she asked for my date and time of birth. This being something that is the "key" to the future, arm with that, she can give you insights as well as information pertaining to our previous lives, the current and the future one. It seems a bit preposterous but seriously that's what that was intimated to me. From the information that I've furnished ( I can't actually say with a 100% certainty that the time of my birth is correct, since every one, second guesses their exact time) it became clear to her that in my previous life, I was a human ( Thank GOD, Whew!), but has been a prankster who had intentionally offered meat products and wine to monks mockingly. From that sardonic display of inappropriateness, I was banished in this life to "payback" my sins. Words here cannot describe the sarcastic look of her countenence and I reflected to myself! All is lost, woe is me! My life will be filled with suffering! I am not going to be successful, sigh**.

But all is not lost! I was born in the year of the dog, I do have some blessings as well. But these will only come in time, which is why she ask me to be patient. Patience is a virtue not known to me, something that I am trying to cultivate. It seems that my life and career would be growing steadily in a period of 4 to 5 years. My spouse should never be born under the signs of a dragon or a rooster for fear of having no marital bliss. Choice candidates should either be the tiger or the hare! As both are the signs of my guardian angels! With the right combination it would be perfect! It sounds like some combo McDonalds or the new KFC variety bucket! And she surmised that I'll be married either by the end of next year or the year after next. Well if she is wrong, I would have the time of my life, chucking her Sign Board!

It never cease to amaze me that all this information is disbursed with only some minimal information where even the accuracy is a suspect! Nearly 6 billion population, I am sure every second a few births occurs ? Intriging isn't it? Does it means that everyone born at the same time have the same lifes? Even previous lives? Furthermore do you reckon the time is exactly what's written on the birth certificate with a few under-educated midwifes? What about if the clock is out of battery? maybe it should be a chronographs, measuring up to one tenth of a second? Wouldn't that be more accurate? I think not, why did I even bother to go and visit the fortune teller? Maybe it's something extra ordinary, perhaps I am doing something out of the mundane Saturday? Anyway, it would be good if what she say is true, to the females that are born under the two auspicious signs of tiger and hares, let's meet up eh!

3 Comments:

  • hmm. i sense an awakening of hope ;-)

    By Blogger Aurora, at October 09, 2005 10:30 PM  

  • WOW. hahaha.where you got to know this fortune telling service? If it's true i'll go for it too. haha

    Once i came across a F-teller in sg wang..& by looking @ my face, he said that my future half would be either a divorcee or a married man. Gee, i've got a mistress look:(

    By Blogger Winn, at October 10, 2005 11:50 AM  

  • winn
    hahaha, mistress look? :P, funnee! anyway that place is supposedly very "cun" and accurate, lets just hope that it is!

    Aurora
    yeah, trying to wake up from my "nightmare" of late. :P

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at October 10, 2005 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home