doc's dog day

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Choice

Well, life haven't been particularly good, everything doesn't seem to be where I want it to be, from even the most minute things to something more significant, nothing seem to be in perfect tandem or in other ways, nothing "click"! What should I do? Should I languish in woe and depression? I have been in the dumps for so long with only my sanity and my zest for life fueling me on. I wonder for a change , should I retreat, become a pessimist and crawl back into my comfort zone and just bitch?

Nay, I don't think I will, I am different from my very first posts, something made me see the light, life is what u want it to be. The most important thing is, there is always a choice. Let me elaborate the shitty stuffs that had happen to me.

First there was the disappointment of my business. Truth be told, I have not been making money, does anyone even know that I actually had a previous place of practice that I had to cut the lifeline after only being operational for 10 months? I've lost my innocence, my life savings not to mention that I was in debt up to my nose! I also lost my most precious asset, time. Did I bitch about it? I didn't, I understand that when I grouse, I inadvertantly cause my friends and the people who loves me to bear the brunt of my moods. What did I do? I took time off to recuperate my soul, my shattered confidence, my ego and my sanity.

Coming back to the current disappointment, I have been here for more than a year and what had I achieve? Absolute and resounding nothing. I am not making money, I am not having a particularly good patient load, and yes I am still in debt, although I make it a point to pay everyone. I am still struggling and soldiering on. Should I choose to bitch and curse, nope, I choose to continue with it.

Second, relationships, as already known, it's in the dumps and suffice to say that it still is, nothing can be done. So should I bitch and rant and screw the whole world? Nay, I choose to move on and not bitch anymore.

Third, mother's heath, this is a biggy, a bummer and something that is beyond my control. I have tried and tried to do whatever I can but I reckon it's all futile. I understand the teaching of Birth, Old age, Infirmity and Death so well that I am letting things be. I have been taking care of her for so long and it pains to see mum wasting away, not being able to eat, and also lapse in and out of dementia, What should I do? Bitch about having to digitally evacuate her faeces? having to be up until 5 am on a Saturday to clean her up? I did what I did and clean up the mess and hope that whatever time she has, it would be made more comfortable by my care, my treatment and my love for her. Should I bitch about my predicament? I choose not to.

Forth, my health, it hasn't been good, I have been having skin problems and it's not improving inspite of my numerous effort, what can I say apart from having to continue with medication? what did I choose? I choose to accept that my eczemas are actually because of my stress levels and my binging with alcohol. Why did I binge? Because of my insomnia and why insomnia? Because of thinking too much. Should I bitch? I choose not to.

Fifth, my work hours,at the rate I'm going, having so many commitments what can I do? I am not in the liberty to take time off to go for a holiday to rejuvenate my senses, partly due to point 1 and point 3, so what did I choose? I choose to remain at work, close to my family and not complain about not being able to go for a holiday. Sure I can bitch and rant all I like, but I choose not to.

Sixth, time and age, I am growing older, and time is a liberty that I don't have, at least with the amount spent working, I can't see this status quo changing even next year, so can I finally meet a special someone? I think not. What can I do apart from bitching? I decided to get to know people via the net! Should I bitch about being old? I choose not to.

Seventh, accident, I have my fair share, my car was knocked a few days ago, and what did I do? Should I let my anger and frustration takes the better of me? Should I bitch? I choose not to.

Eighth, my shares are loosing money, up to a thousand a day, what should I do? Bitch and complain to every one I meet? I choose not to.

Ninth, somethings are so explicit and too bad to even be blogged, so should I bitch? I choose not to.

What can be said is that, whatever a person decides to be happy or sad, even languishing in depression, it's a choice that can be either positive or negative. You are what you choose to be, either happy and accept life as it is or be miserable and bitch, alienating people, friends and family along the way. Question to ask yourself is, "Is all of this worth it?", choices is in your hands and your hands alone, Whether you choose to be happy or sad life still goes on, So what is it going to be? Your choice. Bitch or not? FOR ME I CHOOSE NOT TO.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home