doc's dog day

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Forum Gathering

It was Saturday and it's 7pm and the get together that was planned weeks earlier is finally reaching it's finishing line, the planning and constant heartaches of postponement and endless messaging is reaching it's pinnacle. The day and time is finally dawning and sympathetic stimulation causing the heart to beat faster than normal, questions began to form in my mind, would anyone turn up? would they actually find the venue? would we even communicate? would the conversation flow and would anyone actually have fun? The barrage of seemingly endless questions begin to form in my mind as I drove to the venue.

As it is, the evening started off on a bad note, the restaurant reservation was totally screwed. Finding a scapegoat in putting the blame to them is convinient but perhaps I need to be somewhat responsible, I had inadvertently quote or misquoted my name when I called to reconfirm! Anyway it took some maneouvering and things immediately look brighter, eventhough the number of person that pledge to come was actually lower than previously anticipated it was nonetheless a memorable get together, I had fun meeting up with people from different walks of life, different background with a common interest. We laughed, chatted and exchange views. I had finally able to put faces behind each's nicknames, and it was an experience by itself to actually guess who they were when being introduced. Some funny nicknames let us burst out in stitches. My! it was fun, something makes me laugh like I have done for a while!

As the night wears on, we were talking like old friends, long lost buddies and we shared views and beliefs. Experiences were exchanged, advise dispensed and all done in good faith. I used to find all advise to be insincere but after this meetup, it changed my perspectives a lot. I had indeed learnt a lot in this maiden gathering. I had a couple of beers which makes me extremely chatty. I think the liquid gold has an inate ability to bring out the chirpiness in me. I am looking forward to reorganising a similar get together in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home