doc's dog day

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mid week

Another few more days to go....., deep inside my mind, i have to constantly remind myself to be patient and the weekend is looming. It's during this weekend that I have at least some semblance of a normal life. One thing that needs to be celebrated though, this particular weekend is better in the sense that it's a holiday weekend, which basically translates into a longer "break".

So how has life been treating "moi". First thing firsts, nothing much changed, and the status remains at a "quo". Working day in and day out, without having much time is what I have grown accustomed to. I reckon having to constantly fight it is no solution, just have to look at the brighter side of things and nonchalantly taking it one day at a time, single stride at the time.

Can I imagine myself being in the same situation in a few years?, truth be told, I don't plan to be in the same predicament when the time comes, I am planning to semi retire in about 4 years when I touch 40, but alas being practical, I reckon a little beyond that is what I need to at least set my plans into action.

I have been a bit slow to start building a comfortable "nest" which I could retire on, but sad to say, it hasn't been going according to plan. If things continue at the current pace, I could imagine that my plan of retiring in 4 years needs to be doubled, although I am actively striving to get my plans underway before the deadline.

Hopefully, with loads of hard work, grit and plenty of luck, my fortunes will change and I'd be sipping my cold Heneiken somewhere in another few years time, but zipping back to reality, it's midweek and the daily grind is still very real. Ah well, it's never harmful to fantasize a bit. Alas back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home