doc's dog day

Friday, October 05, 2007

Long time coming

Tomorrow is the day that I can rest although a little, i have plenty of things mapped out and have to get it done before the day ends. Sometimes I wonder if having only a day which i am not at work is sufficient? Truth be told I am sure it isn't but I don't seem the see any alternative in this present arrangement. Maybe in another year, when things are picking up, I might be able to take a partner or a part time locum to cover one of the days.

The most important order of the day is to get my teeth checked. Yeah, I have been meaning to get it done for a long time but it keeps being postponed due to my inappropriate timing as well as other more pressing issues that I need to address. I made an appointment with my former classmate so that I could get my teeth examined and if need be, scaled and cleaned. I don't think there is anything serious with my teeth at the present moment, but still it needs to be subjected to dental examination every 6 months or so.

For someone my age, having a full set of real teeth is by no means easy. I have seen plenty of my friends, having dentures. Maybe it's their habit of smoking, drinking and inappropriate hygiene that is accelerating the caries formation and whenever I see receding gum lines, it never fails to give me a shudder. Periodontitis is a huge problem with people in these parts of the world when teeth may become loose and needs to be removed. I reckon buying an electric toothbrush saves me a lot of hassle of brushing it myself. Hehe, lazy man's way to cut corners.

Anyway hope the examination doesn't cause me too much discomfort. If not, when my friend comes to see me for "his" medical condition, I'd give him an extra huge injection!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home