doc's dog day

Friday, December 30, 2005

Looking Back

Today is the 30th of December and as 2005 slowly inches away into oblivion and the new millinium turns 6, it would be interesting to reflect on what has actually transpired over the eventful 2005. During the long and ardous journey that is 2005, many things had happen, some good and some bad, but funny that the bad ones is usually more prominent. As they all said, bad things usually retain longer than good ones, and in this aspect I agree totally. It would be best to put it in chronological order, ala the newspapers by describing it on a monthly basis.

January
As I recalled, nothing much, I have been busy with the day to day running of my clinic, had a couple of brushes with my ex, nothing significant, but had some inclination that things aren't working out like what I anticipated, Busy spending money then having to buy loads of things for the coming Chinese New Year, keeping everything in check and balancing my accounts. As it is, January is right after the year end holidays and people are hard pressed for cash, and because of this business have been pretty slow.

Febuary
The month of Chinese New Year and also one of the most memorable month.
My Brother Mike came back with his kids and we had a great at the commencement of this month. It was busy as we were busy with preparing for CNY. I remembered buying lots of things as it was tradition to buy gifts for my ex's family, as she was driving back to her hometown, I passed some "mandarin" oranges, barbequed meat, meat floss, some canned food, preserved stuffs and some bird's nest. I had to do things on a last minute basis as I was still working until the eve of CNY. She drove back immediately. That was also the last day that I was attached. Come the second day of CNY, I went for a movie with a male friend, I recall that it was a Cantonese movie called "Seoul raiders". Nothing to shout about, but my ex called me around 80 times during the 2 hours I spend watching the movie. I didn't answer her as I put it on silent mode. All hell broke loose after that and it sort of became a catalysts to a breakup.

March
A bad month, the anniversary of my business. It's already been one year and it was slow owing I suspect to post CNY. Collection was down by a hefty 40%, I had to dig money from reserves to cover the overheads, also having sleepless nights as it was common during the night that my ex calls me, to fight and to hurl verbal abuses. Profanic smses, and what not, threats and also pleads. It was actually something that she said that pushed me towards firmity. I was so totally taken aback when she said that my infirmed mom would hopefully give me more problems! What was that? it actually became the pillar and the strongest precedent for me to be firm and stick to my decision. Also the month that I plonked my deposit on my first property. I decided that it was high time to commit myself to something. Funny thing that I bought it with my ex in mind even to the extend of dishing out extra for an additional parking lot!

April
Similar to March, due to insomnia, I turn to the bottle, I had been affected so much with the breakup that it was affecting my wellbeing. I had been drastically loosing weight, and it has dropped from a high of 72kgs to 63kgs. Looks sickly as well as having dark circles on my eyes. It was a bad time. I couldn't sleep even with alcohol, and sleeping a max of 3 hours a day. Also having the hassle of buying the condominium with it's endless going through legal documentations and payments, arranging for loan and also aggreements.

May
Went for a holiday 2 days to Penang my friend, just to unwind myself. Drove there to visit my friend and his wife for I haven't been visited them for over a year. I received a call from my sister that mom was very sick, had to cut short my time in Penang and drove back. Mum was very sick then, didn't expect her to pull through then, but with the grace of god, she did. I tried everything and even my brother came back from Perth. Also to kill time, started joining the local Real Estate Forum.

June
One of the longest month, daily travelling up and down back home. Also the month that was pretty difficult, for I have every inkling to give my previous relationship a try. Wrote a few emails to her and even to the extend of sending my ex a card to arrange for a meeting end of July. Mum was doing better with appropriate care. The month of crazy anticapation. Also the month that I started blogging. Pretty memorable actually.

July
Ex's birthday month, she is a Leo and this is her month.Travelling back home is like a daily ritual, but something which is good news is that Mom has miraculously stabled a bit and she can tolerate oral feeding. The meeting that I had initiated turn to naught. She didnt turn up even inspite of waiting for 6 hours alone. The specifics was blogged actually. All in all a pretty depressing month. But at least I HAVE and HAD tried.

August
Work and work is the most prominent thing on my mind. Commited to buying my Xray Machine after contemplating for a very long time. Mom's health has actually stabilised a bit, Not much problem work wise, business has picked up somewhat. Also had the first forum gathering on this month. Met and got to know a few people and learnt a lot of things regarding real estate investment then. Stoked my interests in investing and diversifying my investment portfolio.

September
Still reeling from the after effects of the breakup. I had tried making friends with people, and eventhough I with lots of efforts, it didn't turn up fruitful as I surmise my timings and working hours are pretty long. Suspected that it would be detrimental to my health and as such I had plans to probably hunt for a "partner". Along the way I'd also met a few good net friends, bunnywunny, winn, greenmango. Also made an effort to meet up with a few people, but suffice to say, timings wasn't ideal as well as I didn't want to be involved for fear of being on a "rebound"!


October
Organised the second gathering among the fellow forum members, it was fun. Meet up with all the more experienced forum members in Devino and had a jolly time. Also tried to refocus my aims by distracting my mind by going for regular badminton. Also attended the xray course in order to be eligible to obtain an xray licence. A bleak and dark month. As most would would probably know, mom passed away at 30th of this month. All in all it was a terrible and stressful month. Unexpectedly mom took a turn for the worst during the concluding part of the month. The only positive thing was that at least all her children are with her and have the opportunity to see her before she passed on. Had tried albeit unsuccessfully to prolong her time but alas I had to relent as it was painful to see her in her state.

November
A hectic month having to do prayers and ceremonies for mom. Visited and arraged for the grave visit. Also the month when my brother left to go back to his life in Perth. At least it was toning down and things are going back to "normal". Less hectic towards the end of the month. I had the audacity to attend the 3rd Gathering for the real estate forum and it was okay. It works especially to take my mind from mom and my ex. On a lighter note, my mind is slowly springing free from my ex.

December
This month. I will be leaving for Beijing, Shenyang and Harbin later tonite the 30th of December. The xray machine has been installed and the licence is still pending, inspite of applying for close to 6 months due majorly to the fact that the goverment machinery is totally inept and incompetent. I guess I can only commence usage next year. Business has been slow primarily due to the year end "syndrome". Many had taken long holidays owing to the combined Christmas and New Year.

Reflecting back 2005 bags a lot of sentimental and unhappy episode in my life, being tumultous and such. I hope and pray that in the coming new year 2006, would bring forth good experience and happiness. Putting past dues behind me, I will venture into the new year brimming with hope and ideals. I hope it will be fruitful and bears good tidings to everyone. May God Bless. Happy New Year 2006, and may it brings Prosperity, Happiness, Good Luck, and most importantly Good Health!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home