doc's dog day

Monday, December 26, 2005

Tsunami and Boxing Day

Exactly 365 days ago, today, a giant Tsunami triggered by the movement of teutonic plates off the coasts of Sumatra cause untold misery to millions of people. More than a quarter of a million people perished and many more millions affected and being displaced by this catastrophe.

The news circulating in the mass media nowadays is about the generous donations that has been collected and what actually happen to it. The amount collected is tremendous and it even needs some audit firms to actually audit the accounts. There was some news regarding the misappropriation of some of the funds but I think if this is true and if there is some amount of money siphoned away; the guilty party will have to answer to a higher being for stealing monies meant to alleviate the victims of Tsunami. I reckon even with whatever measures taken, there are bound to be greedy people who misappropriate funds. This is the worst kind, robbing from the needy for self gratification.

I reckon this is immaterial for the exact true meaning of helping others transcends any monetary and physical matters, I had previously, because of concerns of inappropriate management of funds, donated 6 cartons of Panadol (tm) tablets and a carton of milk powers. I hope that the medicines had reached the intended targets and at least benefit some victims of Tsunami. I wanted to be physically present and treat any people affected by it, but because of timing constrains I was unable to. I pray that what measly offering that I had extended would at least suffice.


I take this opportunity to give a prayer for the victims of 26th of December Tsunami and as a mark of respect, it is with hope that whoever reads this, will give a minute of silence to those who had perished and for the ones who survived, whicheve religion you believe in, you will all be forever in my prayers. May the blessing of the triple gem be upon you all. Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home