doc's dog day

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Day

The yuletide feeling of Christmas with it's festive atmostphere is nothing but a lost feeling of euphoria for me as I made my way to work. I wonder how many people are working? Perhaps a small fraction of workforce will actually work as it's Sunday and hence the following day would be a public holiday as well. With this extended weekend, I suspect there will be huge exodus of city folks to other smaller areas to unwind for a quickie holiday. Here I am cooped up in my clinic, waiting for patients to come, but at least there is some amount of clients, most probably, I'd suspect due to other practitioners being closed.

I was totally aghast when I reached my clinic, a car was parked smack, right in my front door, the driver was undoubtedly one of the dimmest character I suspect, and probably lack any civil courtesy as well. It hindered the coming and going of patients as he or she has the audacity to dive up the curb and the pedestrian walkway separating the shoplot and the road. I was totally and utterly flabbergasted and speechless. What am I to do? I reckon this is but a common occurance in their life, and the general Malaysian mentality. How sad! The driver of the said mpv, came to collect his car after an hour or so and yours truly actually gave him ( an old male) a piece of my mind. I couldn't imagine a fatherly figure can be so deficient morally. It's sickening as well as sad, It makes me wonder if a parent can act as unresponsible as this, what'll happen to his children? I shudder to think of what would happen 20 years down the road, the very fabric of society would be composed of people like this,.... sigh**. Well anyway this is supposed to be a blessed day and I reckon I shouldn't get worked out with things like this.

Being a blessed day, eventhough I cannot be out having fun and enjoying the festivities of what this day have to offer, I sent some smses to family and friends and also to wish them a Merry and Blessed Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year. I couldn't remember the actual numbers of smses that I had sent out but it really took me a while to get it done. I received a few as well, most of them is with some cute emoticons and diagrams of roses and bears. I wonder if all these are being concocted by the telcos in order to entice the subscribers to send more smses? Hmm, conspiracy theory is my cuppa. Kekekeke.

Merry Christmas and have a Blessed day! Ho Ho Ho!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home