doc's dog day

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Day After

I am still affected by the phone call somewhat. My head is still zinging from lack of sleep and having to work long hours doesn't actually help in my emotional recuperation. I think it would take a while longer before my system is able to digest and compute the information that was divulged yesterday.

Life goes on, it always does and as it is, from time immemorial it has been moving on. And that's what I plan to do as well, move on. It's somewhat depressing to hear news like this but from a different viewpoint and perspective I'm happy that she has found someone she loves. There is nothing more to do than to wish her all the best and congratulations.

Woke up early today as I had to send my brother to Sentral. It has been a month since he came back and it's time that he goes back to Perth. Mum's funeral and ritual is complete and he has got to go back to his kids and his work. I wonder when will be coming back, as the common binding force, which is mum and dad is no more here. But I reckon being a close knit family, we'll make sure we visit each other regularly. Anyway Perth is not like a few days away from here and fares are cheap as well. I'll sure that we will meet up once a year. I think things like this needs effort and heck I will see to that it'll materialised.

It's November and 2006 is just round the corner. I am looking forward to this as I reckon 2005 hasn't been a good year, at least for me. Too many bitter memories as well as challenges that would, I assume lasts me a lifetime. Right now, my only job is to start counting the days, and remind myself to take one day at a time.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home