doc's dog day

Friday, November 25, 2005

The approaching day

I will no longer be eligible to migrate to Australia, well at least not with the extra points that can be accorded by my brother. I am going to be approaching the cut off point a few days down. It's funny when we look back at our lives how much do we actually achieve? For someone approaching middle age, I really need to play catch up with the more successful younger generation. Sure I can put every blame of my lack of success both socially and financially to me starting at a relatively older age as compared to the average people, but hey I think I will not find excuses for myself, at least with identifying what I'm deficient in, I will perhaps change and do much better when I'm 35?

What have I been lacking? I reckon I am trying hard and striving hard to achieve what I want in life, bottom line is that, I lack the opportunity , "luck" as well as the timing is never right. I always believe in going all out and working hard in order to achieve financial freedom but sometimes luck plays a vital role in everything. I have seen people going all out, working like a dog, but never seems to be having the opportunity and the chance to actually make it. It's life I reckon but still, in a level playing field I am pretty sure for effort and zeal, they will not lose to anyone. Okay on a more serious note, yup I am still languishing in oblivion, still not achieving what I would have expected in life, thus far, but I promise myself that even without luck, I will give it my all.

What am I to do then? I reckon taking one day at a time is the best approach to my predicament. I have to always remind myself that time will come when I can reach my goal of being financially independant. Other than that is to never give up. I know I won't. For the work and challenges of the coming year, and being 35, with zeal and alacrity, I want to announce to it, Here I come!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home