doc's dog day

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

35 years and beyond

At exactly the same time three and a half decades ago, I took my first cry and my first breath. I cannot imagine that it's been 35 years already. I should be proud of that for at least I am still breathing and healthy eh? Its amazing that I've been born during the seventies and it was the begining of the decline of the popularity of my favourite pop group, the Beatles and the Korean war, we were poor then, living in a wooden house that we call home. I could still distinctly remember the adjacent small hut which is our toilet. Of us being couped up in the small tiny room watching "Happy days" and the "Betamax" video tapes. I could remember running around and climbing trees on the a plot of land which now housed a high rise condominium. All this seems like only a few years back.

I have experienced the laid back early seventies to the craziness of punk rock and bad hair days of early eighties. I vividly remembers the eighties as I was in secondary school then and I had lost my dad when I was in secondary 2. The eighties was fun, catching up the pop scene. I remembered wearing baggy pants to school, and also folding up my sleeve on my school shirts. Ah,the rediculous hairdos, the baggy and oversized pants! the pop magazines, "No 1" and "Top of the Pops", The British Pop Groups of Tears for Fears, Wham, Spandau Ballet and the year where Bob Geldolf started Live Aid and Band Aid for famine in Eithopia, USA for Africa's "We are the World", Canada's Northern Lights with "Tears are Not Enough" and also Chinese worlds "Ming Tien Hui Keng Hao". Come the end of the decade when I was initiated into the world of dating. I had my first relationship then.

The nineties of celebrities like Kurt Corbain, went off like warp speed. It was when I was in Medical School, in India. That was the time of my life! Being a student and having a great time being a student. It was also then that I started work, in a Hospital and that was my initiation into the working world. It's now in a new decade, and the mid of of 2000s. I am still working, but on my own. I look back and have no regrets. I hope this is a begining of better things to come, and with journeying into the unknown world of being 35, I hope it would be in an experience that I will always hold dear in my heart.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home