doc's dog day

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Public transport

Well, I was going on rambling about my whirlwind visit to our neighbour's down south, but what I wanted to write more compared to my short escapade was when I reached home from the city state. I had taken the super duper, ultra luxury coach bus which costs me 160 bucks return and the bus had somehow manage to reach KL city, at the hotel at 10 pm. The whole journey from the city state took only a little above 4 hours, not bad in my opinion, and not to mention pretty comfortable as well.

Upon setting foot on malaysian soil, the problem started. How to get back, I didn't want to trouble my family to pick me up from a hotel where I disembarked somewhere near KLCC and thus I decided to opt to take our very own, superbly infamous public transport. After waiting for 20 mins for a cab, and trying albeit unsuccessfully to hail a cab, I walked towards the LRT station in K Avenue and proceeded to take the rail to Central Market. I waited for close to 15 minutes before the train arrived and then have to inched myway into the coach crammed pack with people. I reckon it's was a bad start to a bad experience. I reached my station and then have to walk a fair distance to the next bus stop where I had hoped to catch a bus back home.

I waited and waited and waited, but no one bus is servicing the route to my place. I asked the "RapidKL" employee and finally after much probing was told that all previous buses servicing the "suburbs" had to that day ceased operation and that day was the first day that another system is implemented, one which is having to take a few buses to reach my destination. I took the new bus route, hoping to go on a mini adventure since It's only 10 minutes past 11. I noticed many many busses of that same number circling around without any passengers and it costs 2 bucks just to be huddled into the bus and be circulating in a loop back to where I started more than an hour ago. I reached Pekeliling flats after a while with some fellow passengers looking weary and also pretty pissed. Once again I need to alight the bus and walk another distance to another bus stop and wait again for the none existant suburbs bus to take me to my destination. I waited for another half hour, but the bus is nowhere in sight.

I waited and waited and finally decided to walk home. It took me 20 minutes to walk home. 2 and half hours ago and waiting for nothing I was barely 2 kms where I started disembarking from the ultra comfortable coach from Singapore. The transport system is totally shameful and inappropriate. 4.6 billion saved from petrol subsidy and this is what we get? I reckon the population is in for the long haul to frustration.

1 Comments:

  • Hi there, sorry for not updating my blog as often as I would have wanted. Been a bit busy lately, having to manage a few things. Anyway would pledge to write more consistently.

    As for the public transport, I am pretty sure there are loads of grouses from the ppl on the street, but as it is, the authorities are turning a blind eye to it.

    By Blogger mercuri2000, at May 15, 2006 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home